in

Black Label Suicides

SecondLife

Last post 10-08-2004 8:07 PM by Gojira. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-08-2004 8:07 PM

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Usually spotted going to and from Tokyo Bay...
    • Posts 712

SecondLife

Like roleplaying games? I know a few of you LOVE FFXI, well, how about something that caters to the creative? Like your Carpentry skills, but want more freedom? Blacksmiths, are you tired of only being able to make certain according to preset, scripted combinations? Check this out.

http://secondlife.com/join/ This gives a VERY generic run-down.

This is a minimum one-time purchase of ten dollars, you get a steady supply of income per week you sign in, real-time, and a generous starting amount of money. Using the VERY simple 3D modeling tools provided, create ANYTHING you want, I've seen screenshots and vids of people that have made Transformer-type robots, hover-bikes, laser rifles, etc. FULLY customize your character. Want pointy ears? Done. Horns? Done. Wings? Done. Colors, hair style, etc.

It's CRAZY!!! A guy I work with has been playing this for about 3 months now on the premium pack, @ $9.95 a month you get significantly more money per week. He's shown me some of the stuff he's made, and a lot of people use this to create ACTUAL products, like clothing, furniture etc, which they then sell for ACTUAL cash...

Anyway, check it out, and if anybody is interested in it, you get a 7-day trial, and I'd go in if somebody else tries it along with me.

...I want to make and pilot giant robots... Smile
    "Caw, caw, *BANG* FUCK I'M DEAD!" - Top Dollar, The Crow

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

God created whiskey to stop the Irish from taking over the word.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)