in

Black Label Suicides

Recent Downtime

Last post 01-14-2005 3:24 AM by KINGACE. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-11-2005 9:34 PM

Recent Downtime

Seems that my webhost hates me.  We've been down for just over 24 hours now.  Most of that time was due to a misconfigered SQL server. (We'll see what they say when they close the trouble ticket)

More details to come.
  • 01-12-2005 4:57 PM In reply to

Re: Recent Downtime

I wanted to let you know Car, that I appreciate your effort in getting the forums up and running again. YesYes

• 01-12-2005 5:59 PM In reply to

All I did was fill out about 5 trouble tickets. 
  • 01-13-2005 2:53 PM In reply to

An Update for everyone:

Here is what happened to the site this week.  On Monday around 3-4pm I noticed that the website was not responding.  This happens alot and I figured that it would be up in 5 to 10 minutes.  A half hour later I checked the website again and there was an error message that stated that the hard drive on the server was corrupted.  The hard drive problem was fixed about 9-10pm that night and anything on the server not using SQL worked fine.  The problem is that this forum and the main website use SQL.   More trouble tickets.  Still no results.  Finnally late Tuesday afternoon the SQL server was back online and I was able to backup everything to my home computer.

I'm going to request that my host moves this site to a different physical server.  Hopefully they will do that and that will improve the performence.  If not I'm going to move the server to a new host.

The quesiton I have for everyone is how bad do you see this problem as?  How often when you try to get to the site do you have problems?

• 01-13-2005 2:57 PM In reply to

• ZillaGod
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2004
    • Long Beach, New York
    • Posts 399
    • General

Only recently -- But if it is going to happen as often as it has - you should move your host
    Loyal till' death
  • 01-13-2005 5:05 PM In reply to

i cant get to th forums the majority of the time i personally try to get on anymore

• 01-13-2005 10:10 PM In reply to

i have been having some problems with the server. since i do not play on xbox that much i am constantly checking the forums for anything new that is going on with the gang. what ever you do with the server is fine with me just keep everyone posted.
    you know you wanna!
  • 01-14-2005 3:24 AM In reply to

• KINGACE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Around here somewhere
    • Posts 702
    • Colonel

i rarely have problems except for the time i couldnt get in at all but since then its been all good. its up to u Car u are the WEBMASTA !!!Yes

Get one !!! Gamercard Sig.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)