in

Black Label Suicides

Set Up Your ROSTER PAGE

Last post 02-07-2005 7:12 AM by ScubaSteve12318. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-30-2005 4:59 PM

• MmCark
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-23-2004
    • STL, Missouri
    • Posts 374
    • Private

Set Up Your ROSTER PAGE

Black Label Suicides < When is this page going to be added?  I think that if everyone gets on the ball and sets up their own page, it will be very useful, it doesn't have to be fancy or anything, just use angelfire...this way, everyone will at least be aware of the current members in the clan, as well as the games that each member is involved in.  Other useful information can be provided such as how often, and at what time of day you are usually on xbox live.  If you currently have a page providing such information, you might as well post the page here, that way it will be to the conveniance of whomever sets up the page on the BLS website. 
  • 01-30-2005 6:33 PM In reply to

• Angel
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Fall River, Massachusetts
    • Posts 272

Re: Set Up Your ROSTER PAGE

Actually Check This Page Out . And don't even bother trying to  get them to add it, nobody listens on the message boards. I spent 6 hours setting up the pages and learning the code and even linked it to the BLS homepage and all car had to do was put the roster Link Button up and that never even got done.

• 01-31-2005 3:39 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Usually spotted going to and from Tokyo Bay...
    • Posts 712

Yes...heaven forbid Car shouldn't put up a totally optional link when he's trying to make sure (on a regular basis) the website doesn't have any problems, gets it's updates regularly, and let's not forget the day when the server was down, and the website was offline, and he spent the WHOLE day, not your measly 6 hours, trying to get them to do something.

Chill out.
    "Caw, caw, *BANG* FUCK I'M DEAD!" - Top Dollar, The Crow

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

God created whiskey to stop the Irish from taking over the word.
  • 01-31-2005 7:01 PM In reply to

Carsinigin wrote:
    Here is the rank information that I have...  It's only for members that have signed up on the forums.  That's why it's important that people sign up on the forums.

List of Members:
    Each link should list all the members of that rank.   That's the best information I have.

That the text of a post that is buried deep in the forums if you want to take a look at the current membership. 

There are a couple of things holding up any expansion to the website.  The first is that I currently have to do work at work so I haven't had a chance in the last couple months to do any of the programming required to get a roster page up.  No I'm not going to link to a website on angelfire, that would be like getting your internet access though AOL, it's just not right, plus it has ads on the page.

The second item is the real reason.  The people that make the forum software that we are using are in the process of doing an major upgrade to the software.  The website is completely based on a modifed version of this forum software, including the news posts on the homepage.  Some of the biggest changes in the new version of the forum software are to the database and code that handles members and membership to groups.  This was the code that I had started to modify for the roster page.   If I made the changes that I had be planning to make that would lock us into the current version of the forums and we would never be able to upgrade to new version that will have polls, blogs, image galleries, and a host of other small changes that will make this website cooler.  They are currently testing the new version of the software and it should be out in a couple months.   Then once it is out it's going to take me a couple of days just to update the forums and the current homepage, that if I have time.

By now your saying "Damn it Car, your a crybaby"   Ok sure I'm lazy.  When I get home at night after a long day of programming at work I play video games instead of speading time working on my GAMING CLAN's website, gee that's what I though BLS was about playing games.  I've asked multiple times for help with the website and only two people have contributed in any way,  Delphar and Angel.  Just to give you an example.  After Delphar was so kind as to though together a theme for the homepage it took me aproximately 30 some hours to take that and turn it into something that would actually work on the web.

Long story short.  Not much is going to change on the website until the new version of the forums comes out.  Then changes will only appear after I had a chance to modify the code into a usable state for the website.   Want to speed that up?  goto http://www.telligentsystems.com/Solutions/license.aspx?File=forums-source.exe and download the source code to the current version of the forum and start learning.    Once you understand how that code works then you can start bitching.

• 02-01-2005 4:54 AM In reply to

Rock on man...I know i get lost in the basic computer programming stuff, and simple stuff to someone who doesn't set this shit up takes a lot of time and work to accomplish...Hell i think you have to step back and look at the site as a whole, and i think everyone who help set it up did a great job.
    I have seen the enemy and he is mine.
  • 02-01-2005 2:58 PM In reply to

Don't mind me,  I had a rough day at work yesterday.  I needed to blow off some steam.  I figure it's better if I piss off someone here then the people who sign my paycheckWink
  • 02-01-2005 4:04 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Usually spotted going to and from Tokyo Bay...
    • Posts 712

Haha, yeah, usually a safe bet.
    "Caw, caw, *BANG* FUCK I'M DEAD!" - Top Dollar, The Crow

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

God created whiskey to stop the Irish from taking over the word.
  • 02-01-2005 6:20 PM In reply to

• Angel
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Posts 272

Car, I didn't mean to offend in any way. I was just stating that there was really nothing that anyone could really do as far as updating rosters was concerned and the what not (you don't see me flipping out about my little icon not being sargeant now do ya?).

And just so you know I moved the whole roster page to my comcast account page (no adds) and linked it to the bls homepage. So when you can (if you can, i don't know about the site being split so much) all you have to do is link it to my roster page through your BLS homepage and it will be fine. At least until you do a seperate roster page if you want.

SEE NO ADDS http://home.comcast.net/~angel1753/blsmembers.html
  • 02-01-2005 10:57 PM In reply to

Ok I'll link... Could you change it so that all of the images come off of BLSClan.com?

• 02-01-2005 11:05 PM In reply to

Just so everyone knows...  about the post from yesterday... don't take it serious....  just me typing shit to blow off some work related stress..
  • 02-02-2005 8:59 PM In reply to

• Angel
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Posts 272

Sure I'll see what I can do. Most of them already are I believe, all I have to change is the buttons for the forums and home and stuff. I am also going to go through the roster again and bring it up to date.

Thatnks, for linking it car, much appreciated.
  • 02-02-2005 9:17 PM In reply to

its alright Car shit happens
    I have seen the enemy and he is mine.
  • 02-02-2005 9:35 PM In reply to

• Angel
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Posts 272

Everything is done car, anything that wasn't going through the BLS site is now and I upadated the roster from the list you posted above.

Here is the info I need to post on each individuals page, once I get the info I will update the pages, and personal pictures would be nice but if you can't provide one just tell me what you want and I'll put it in.

Gamertag - Just what your gamertag is on Xbox Live
    Favorite Games - The games you like the most on Xbox
    Likes - Self Explanitory (for example, Pantera and beavers)
    Dislikes - Self Explanitory (for example, Scuba and beavers)
    Motto/Quote - Your favorite 1 liner
    Style - What style do you use when you play online (i.e. tactical, run-n-gun, lot's o bullets)
    Other Stuff -  other stuff people might want to know(or not want to)
    Xbox Game Collection - Self Explanitory (Not necessary but it shows what games you like to play and vice versa)
    Xbox Live Schedule - When you play on XBox Live the most barring work and other engagements.

• 02-07-2005 7:12 AM In reply to

lol i just read all this and i just felt like i just read something off the drama board, lol
    "True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love then you catch the early flight home from San Diego, and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blind folded like a god damn magic show and ready to double team your girlfriend and," "It stops right there, and I think what my good friend Mitch is trying to say is, true love is blind."

-Old School
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)