in

Black Label Suicides

I'm done with sharshooter and PEC

Last post 09-21-2005 9:20 AM by HepaTito. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-19-2005 10:02 AM

I'm done with sharshooter and PEC

I've had enough.  I have always had a distain for games with persistence and levels.  Games with a constant level treadmill are not games that I really want to spend my time on. Some players only concern themselves with reaching the next level or obtaining the next item that they “need”.   There has been a week of chaotic game play lacking any semblance of teamwork.  It’s stressful enough playing with and against everyone here with out the added stress of XP points and credits.  Not to mention the fact that I seem to lose connection the server every time I have a great round so that I never get credit for it.

I want to head back to our roots, Team Survival, with out the bullshit of PEC.  Having stats is bad enough that people want to pad them but all this PEC shit is taking the focus off of good team work.   The other night when I heard everyone (including myself) bitching that they where only getting a little bit of experience for each round of Team Survival PEC it really struck me that no one was working on their tactics, just they scorecard.

Well I’m done.  When I get on tonight I’m creating a non-PEC Team Survival server and I hope you guys will join me.

• 09-19-2005 10:27 AM In reply to

• J Buddah
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-10-2004
    • Brunswick, OH
    • Posts 308
    • Private

Re: I'm done with sharshooter and PEC

if its gonna be open around 11 2night and i'm not to tired to play i'll join in.. just remember to leave some empty space..
    Leader of BLSFH

The MiGhTy FrOsT-izzle
  • 09-19-2005 2:11 PM In reply to

Sorry car, but i disagree with much of your post. I belive PEC gives you a goal to get too and it helps make the game more fun. It also prevents from winning against a bad ass team and come in the loby and be empty handed. This gives you points and stuff. I like PEC and i plan on sticking too it. No i do agree that somtimes it does destroy team work. But thats a reason because people want to Level and get the kills and all that shit. Now i dont play like that it doesnt matter to me with levels. But now im a 33 and i dont want to knock all my hard work down the drain. I agree with ya but majority of myself i disagree.
    Time is an Illusion, and so is Death.......
  • 09-19-2005 3:11 PM In reply to

• DMeXS
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-19-2005
    • Nova Scotia, Canada
    • Posts 6
    • Canadian

I agree, there's tons of people that have become obsessed with levels and stuff. But then again it's not just Lockdown, tons of people still obsess over H2 levels. What I did notice however was that the players of Lockdown seemed to be much more mature so even if they were obsessed they didn't seem to bitch as much as the Halo crowd. As for non P.E.C. matches fine once in a while it'd be refreshing but I don't know about team survival. I mean it's alright but I hate the fact that you have to wait like 30 seconds for the game to start in the first place. If it had the quickness of counterstrike rounds then it might not be as bad. On the other hand I think there's a total lack of retreival and total conquest games going on. I think it's fun as hell when there's an objective and you're actually forced to work as a team.

My 2 cents, and oh I miss free-for-all sharshooter from Black Arrow that used to be amazing.

• 09-19-2005 3:37 PM In reply to

Bobby - I totally expect people to dissagree with me on this one.   Stick out tongue [:P]  Go on a keep playing your PEC.   It's just not the type of game that I want to play anymore.  I not sure why but I just can never keep up with my gaming buddys in games with levels.  Maybe I don't put in the time or I don't work on the right "skill" but the fact of the matter is that I'm only level 12.  I was one of the first Medics in the clan and now all the medics I know of are around level 20.  Leveling seems artifical in an already way to artifical game,  I'd rather get my ass kicked by you on an even ground rather then based on where I put my skill points.

It's just my personality.  These games seem more like a job then recreation.  Worry about my level and getting cheated out of my XP just add stress to the game.  That's not what I'm looking for.

• 09-19-2005 4:21 PM In reply to

o car man im not trying to tell you wrong just sayin i disagree but yes i do agree that sharpshooter should stop and team survival should be in play. Sharpshooter you constantly rush and rush and run and gun. But that will not help us at all in clan matches. I say keep PEC and get rid of Sharpshooter. o and car man i say as long as you got your main wep stats all up your good to go! i have seen lvl 6 guys beat the snot out of 30's and 20's. but i do see your point.
    Time is an Illusion, and so is Death.......
  • 09-21-2005 9:20 AM In reply to

doods, we should just stick with the sharpshooter just till everyone gets to lvl 40 then there will be no reason to play it anymore well except for money and what not. hey just an idea cuz i really wanna max my guy out and the quicker we do that the quicker we can have some real fun with this game
    I sold your dog to a chinese resturaunt- Anal Cunt featuring seth putnam
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)