in

Black Label Suicides

Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer Beta

Last post 09-10-2007 5:50 AM by Carsinigin. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-27-2007 2:46 PM

Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer Beta

The Call of Duty 4 multiplayer beta sign up was today at Noon pacific (3pm Eastern) and I tried to sign up.   Their server couldn't handle the load and by the time I got to the sign up page at 3:25 the the sign up was closed.

What a fucking joke.   Almost as bad as the Halo 3 Beta sign up where their servers melted.  But at least I was able to sign up 3 hours later and still get into the beta.   There must not have been that many spots open.

Oh well. 

• 08-29-2007 3:34 PM In reply to

• MmCark
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-23-2004
    • STL, Missouri
    • Posts 374
    • Private

Re: Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer Beta

looks like everyone that registered for the first wave will eventually get the token to play

http://fourzerotwo.blogspot.com/2007/08/beta-registration-has-ended-more.html 

• 08-30-2007 5:56 AM In reply to

Yeah.  I was able to register on Tuesday and I got my code late last night.   It's downloading now.

• 08-30-2007 3:46 PM In reply to

• MmCark
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-23-2004
    • STL, Missouri
    • Posts 374
    • Private

it feels like a faster paced Call of Duty 2 

• 09-06-2007 8:13 AM In reply to

• Mnoland
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-31-2004
    • in ya dome
    • Posts 338
    • Captain

as far as the beta the matchmaking is the best i have ever seen , the leveling systm is the best of its class and the pacing is awesome if all bls cannot hone in on this title we never will.
    though most are like ten skips behind on recent games this one i believe is the closest thing to first person nirvana presented to us yet not to belittle halo but cod4 is two months after halo.

ralphus ?
  • 09-06-2007 3:59 PM In reply to

After playing for the last week I think that Call of Duty 4  has the best of both worlds between a Halo and Rainbow Six.   It has the party system that works much better then Shadow Run's.  It has modern weapons and a rank system like Rainbow Six Vegas where you unlock more weapons as you level up.   And the play lists allow you to have fast paced games or slower (objective, one life to live ) games.

It's coming out on the week of November 7th so that is a good month + after Halo.   I really feel that this is going to be the FPS for BLS this winter.

Filed under:
  • 09-10-2007 5:50 AM In reply to

Gamespot.com has 100,000 Beta tokens to give away.   You need to have a gamespot.com account.  

Details at http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/call-of-duty-4/

The first signup starts today at 9am Pacific time or 12 noon eastern.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)