in

Black Label Suicides

Armored Core 4

Last post 12-04-2007 1:25 AM by J Buddah. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-02-2007 11:15 AM

• J Buddah
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-10-2004
    • Brunswick, OH
    • Posts 308
    • Private

Armored Core 4

Has anyone played this yet? Is there even any fans of the series?

Leader of BLSFH

The MiGhTy FrOsT-izzle
  • 12-03-2007 2:41 AM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Usually spotted going to and from Tokyo Bay...
    • Posts 712

Re: Armored Core 4

You know I'm a fan of the series. 4's single player is amazing (played it recently at a friend's house), but I haven't seen the multiplayer at all.

Single player's the best in the series so far, graphics are unbelievably sexy, and the customization got a big boost with all the new parts and shit. I enjoyed Armored Core 2: Another Age on the PS2 the most out of all of them until I got my hands on 4. Chalk up another game I want for the 360, now...that and Ace Combat 6.

"Caw, caw, *BANG* FUCK I'M DEAD!" - Top Dollar, The Crow

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

God created whiskey to stop the Irish from taking over the word.
  • 12-03-2007 8:58 AM In reply to

• Mnoland
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-31-2004
    • in ya dome
    • Posts 338
    • Captain

I played it and even though the prior installations may have been cool i must say not only is this game ugly but it is a piece of shit i mean really go out rent and feel like an idiot as u play it.

Please dont waste your money on this poory done babies mech game please get "Chrome hounds" which is vastly superior and has a great online conquest mode with 115 levels to fight over complete with nightly parts lotteries and hours of customization

But please dont give any more thought to armored core it really really really sucks i mean bad

Seriously the only enjoyment to be had by this game is in putting it back where u got it from.  i really wanted to like this game but ther eis nothing to like play chrome hounds with partyman if u want an amazing mech game same company only chrome hounds is made for adults

ralphus ?
  • 12-03-2007 9:22 AM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Usually spotted going to and from Tokyo Bay...
    • Posts 712

Chrome Hounds really that much better, huh? 

"Caw, caw, *BANG* FUCK I'M DEAD!" - Top Dollar, The Crow

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

God created whiskey to stop the Irish from taking over the word.
  • 12-03-2007 7:40 PM In reply to

• J Buddah
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-10-2004
    • Brunswick, OH
    • Posts 308
    • Private

chrome hounds is pretty sweet but they're not really supposed to be the same game yeah i liked chrome hounds but i like armored core 4 as well.. just rented it the other night and its not that bad just a bit different than the others which isn't always a bad thing.

Leader of BLSFH

The MiGhTy FrOsT-izzle
  • 12-03-2007 8:37 PM In reply to

• Mnoland
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-31-2004
    • in ya dome
    • Posts 338
    • Captain

chrome hounds is vastly superior    armored core is 4 children. trust me im a profesional lol    armored core 4 is faced paced arcade shooter alot of ice skating like movement auto aim only weapons and level  completion if done correctly takes around a minute . chrome hounds is much slower and more tactical many complain about how slow it is but sniping your night vision off during a night match than systematically sniping your cameras and weapons is fucking amazing.  I dont mean to offend the armored core guys but honestly armored core blows. i spent about 40 hours on it at work and i would have prefered fifa. one major down fall of armored core for me was the lack of online support it has online but it is not worth playing it can be fun going for all the S rankings though. maybe utube game footage for both offline and online and read the reviews . none of them got great reviews but u know how i was all gung ho for mech 2's conquest mode well chrome hounds is conquest supreme.
    ralphus ?
  • 12-03-2007 8:41 PM In reply to

• Mnoland
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-31-2004
    • in ya dome
    • Posts 338
    • Captain

I felt i should have added that pantera enjoyed armored core 4 he might be the guy to talk to for a positive out look on this title.  Pantera also played chrome hounds with us it was good times.

ralphus ?
  • 12-04-2007 1:21 AM In reply to

• J Buddah
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-10-2004
    • Brunswick, OH
    • Posts 308
    • Private

don't get me wrong i have nothing against chrome hounds noland remember i was there most the time right by your side.. well not really by your side more like half a map away with my little ankle biter of a scout but i was there.. you just have to remember not every1 likes the strategic aspect of chrome hounds and not every1 likes the arcadey feel like armored core alot of the people that play armored core play it for the most part cause of the battle arena(i know i do) part of it hell they even made an armored core that was just that 1 on 1 fighting after all thats half the fun of having a multi-player option see who can make the better mech. its just great to have a little change of pace every now and then and with chrome hounds and armored core thats exactly what you get

Leader of BLSFH

The MiGhTy FrOsT-izzle
  • 12-04-2007 1:25 AM In reply to

• J Buddah
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-10-2004
    • Brunswick, OH
    • Posts 308
    • Private

oh and the exact title of the game i was looking for was called Armored Core: Master of Arena but yeah i like both chrome hounds as well as armored core

Leader of BLSFH

The MiGhTy FrOsT-izzle
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)