in

Black Label Suicides

***Spoiller*** Halo Campain discussion

Last post 11-28-2004 6:29 AM by ScubaSteve12318. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-12-2004 1:56 AM

***Spoiller*** Halo Campain discussion

Crappy ending!!!! At lease fucking finnish the story.  I may be dead before the next halo comes out.

• 11-13-2004 12:52 AM In reply to

• Angel
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Fall River, Massachusetts
    • Posts 272

Re: ***Spoiller*** Halo Campain discussion

I loved the ending. And also did you see the mini secrect ending thing after the credits rolled?
  • 11-13-2004 1:36 AM In reply to

• Angel
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Posts 272

Oh and I have some other questions that I want Halo fans to think about.

1. What is the Ark? is it Earth or could it be the ship Master Chief was on at the end?

2. Why do the monitors (343 Guilty Spark and the monitor of instillation 05) call only humans Reclaimers? Why not other covenant species?

3. Why is Cortana giving away all of her knowledge to Gravemind at the end of the game?
  • 11-14-2004 12:53 AM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Usually spotted going to and from Tokyo Bay...
    • Posts 712

Those last two can easily be answered by the following statement:

So there can be another Halo, which Microsoft will milk for all it's worth.

Lol
    "Caw, caw, *BANG* FUCK I'M DEAD!" - Top Dollar, The Crow

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

God created whiskey to stop the Irish from taking over the word.
  • 11-16-2004 4:28 PM In reply to

• Kilogr
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-09-2004
    • Intergalatic Planetary
    • Posts 26

Loved the ending and all but the first one ended but left room for a sequel..they could have done the same.  And Del's right..we might all be dead before the next one comes out since they'll delay delay delay for the Xbox 2.

I killed you with my MP5!
  • 11-16-2004 5:51 PM In reply to

Xbox 2 should be out this time next year, they don't have time to get Halo 3 out in time for that, unless it is a very crappy game.  My guess is that if we see a Halo 3 it will be 2006 or 2007 more likely 2007.

The story line just feels unfinnished for me.  Maybe if at the end of the game there was a message like "Insert Halo2 Disk 2" I would have been happy. 

I can say I've very happy with the level design this time around.  It doesn't feel anywhere near as repetitive as the first one. 

• 11-16-2004 6:35 PM In reply to

Rumor has it that the Big "M" is going to release Halo 3 on the PS3 launch day?
    Whenever that is?

• 11-18-2004 7:54 PM In reply to

I liked the ending.  Although I wish I could continue the story, but hey, thats what help builds toward Halo 3.  The might even throw in a few new levels for campaine via content download, its unlikely, but hey its possible!

Good point Angle, I have no idea what the "ark" is, and heres another question, do think the elites and the hunters will help the humans fight the prophets in the next halo?  I know I would like to continue to play as the Arbitor. 

-Scuba
    "True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love then you catch the early flight home from San Diego, and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blind folded like a god damn magic show and ready to double team your girlfriend and," "It stops right there, and I think what my good friend Mitch is trying to say is, true love is blind."

-Old School
  • 11-21-2004 8:24 PM In reply to

• Angel
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Posts 272

You mean "Prophet" don't you? Truth is the only one that is left I believe, Gravemind assimilated Regret and Mercy was on the verge of death when the Master Chief found him.

To be honest I think in Halo 3 it is going to be pretty much an all out war. The Flood is spreading, Truth is trying to activate the Halo's and still has the Brute's and other covenant forces on their side, and the humans are just trying to survive. I also believe the "Ark" is earth. Why else would the Covenant attack there and not "expect" there to be humans on that planet, and why is Truth returning there at the end of Halo 2.

I guess we'll find out when Halo 3 is released.
  • 11-26-2004 4:51 AM In reply to

no truth isnt the last prophet, he is though the last of the high council, but not the last prophet, look the first level when the "arbitor" is first being sentenced for letting the first halo be destroyed. You see a lot of grunts, jackles, elites, and prophet (w/o all that fancey head gear, lol) so there has to be some left. 

I argee w/ you angle, on your opinion that the ark is earth, i mean yeah, why else would they attack earth all of a sudden, especially when the covenet is in the middle of a civil war?

-Scuba
    "True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love then you catch the early flight home from San Diego, and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blind folded like a god damn magic show and ready to double team your girlfriend and," "It stops right there, and I think what my good friend Mitch is trying to say is, true love is blind."

-Old School
  • 11-26-2004 7:15 PM In reply to

• Angel
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Posts 272

Lot's and lot's of questions, and no answers. I can't wait till Halo 3 comes out.

• 11-28-2004 6:29 AM In reply to

I hope that there is a book done before now and then

-Old School
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)