in

Black Label Suicides

XBOX 2

Last post 05-30-2005 12:47 PM by delphar7. 93 replies.
Page 1 of 7 (94 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-01-2004 2:06 PM

XBOX 2

Here is what some analyst  said:

The report "Game Consoles 2004: Waiting for the Next Generation", from high-tech market research firm In-Stat/MDR, expects the Xbox successor to arrive in late 2005:

The first next-generation console should hit the market in the fourth quarter of 2005 with the introduction of Microsoft's Xbox 2.

In-Stat/MDR also informs about Sony's plans and how Nintendo fits in the middle:

Sony, however, is not likely to give Microsoft too much lead time before launching its PS3 console, which should occur by mid-2006. Nintendo will try to launch its next-generation GameCube 2 console either before, or simultaneously with Sony, which Nintendo considers to be its primary competition.

The report also includes a five-year shipment and revenue forecast for each current generation console broken down by region and shipment and revenue forecasts for the next generation of consoles through 2008. There is also an annual forecast for online console gaming subscribers through 2008.

• 12-01-2004 4:31 PM In reply to

Re: XBOX 2

Sounds very interesting, but I dont see myself getting one anytime in the future, cuz im a poor college student, lol
    "True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love then you catch the early flight home from San Diego, and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blind folded like a god damn magic show and ready to double team your girlfriend and," "It stops right there, and I think what my good friend Mitch is trying to say is, true love is blind."

-Old School
  • 12-02-2004 2:08 PM In reply to

Poor college student, thats to bad because I will be picking one up the day it comes outBig Smile

• 12-02-2004 5:17 PM In reply to

• delphar7
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • The Tholos Temple, Delphi
    • Posts 561
    • Canadian
      Lieutenant

Roger, right at midnight I assume. Hope the Online functionality of it is ready to go "night Of" cause I wanna play the NeXtGEN games with you that night weapon!

Cause I want to *NYAY-PUKE!*
    I'm a Goldmember!
  • 12-02-2004 7:28 PM In reply to

Dam straight Del! It would kick Azz if the online stuff is ready to rock on day 1!

• 12-02-2004 10:54 PM In reply to

• delphar7
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • The Tholos Temple, Delphi
    • Posts 561
    • Canadian
      Lieutenant

<----- Nods emphatically!
    I'm a Goldmember!
  • 12-03-2004 1:52 AM In reply to

Well whats all being new on the system???

"True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love then you catch the early flight home from San Diego, and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blind folded like a god damn magic show and ready to double team your girlfriend and," "It stops right there, and I think what my good friend Mitch is trying to say is, true love is blind."

-Old School
  • 12-03-2004 8:06 AM In reply to

Only the BEST games you could have ever dreamed aboooooot.  It's NEW, that means it's better, faster, stronger & sexier.  Get ready to play games like Rainbow Six-teen & Ghost re-Recon; it's going to be recocklious.  I can't wait.
  • 12-03-2004 4:13 PM In reply to

ScubaSteve1231 wrote:

Well whats all being new on the system???

Not really sure, they have been tight lipped about the hardware and software!
    There are many rumors and speculation that it will have this type of stuff:
                256 MB of main ram
                ATI Radeon card
                16x dvd/50x cd -DVDrw CDrw (maybe)
                FFD (Fast Flash Disk) essentially this is a 40 Gig ram chip (solid state device no moving parts) it might have this instead of a conventional hard drive?

Bluetooth technology?
                Wi-Fi ?

• 12-07-2004 7:14 AM In reply to

Hmmmm, what do u think will be the starting price???

-Old School
  • 12-07-2004 2:22 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Usually spotted going to and from Tokyo Bay...
    • Posts 712

Wi-fi would totally kick ass...
    "Caw, caw, *BANG* FUCK I'M DEAD!" - Top Dollar, The Crow

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

God created whiskey to stop the Irish from taking over the word.
  • 12-07-2004 8:17 PM In reply to

Gojira wrote:
    Wi-fi would totally kick ass...

Ya it would!

As for a starting price ? $299.99 - $349.99 would be my best guess.

• 12-08-2004 5:20 AM In reply to

$300?! It better suck and f*ck me for $300!

-Old School
  • 12-08-2004 2:25 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Usually spotted going to and from Tokyo Bay...
    • Posts 712

I actually wouldn't be at all surprised if it went for 4 bills.

Bluetooth alone would add $70-100. Having a disc burner of some type would add between 30 and 75 (depending on which it actually is, CD-RW/DVD-RW). And the fact that we ALL know that a new system is going to start out at AT LEAST $300 anyway, coupled with the fact that it's Microsoft, that's my guess.

Hell look at the PSP. $250 handheld...PS3 would probably end up being $400 just so Sony could sell it over the PSP. That being the case, I stick with 400 bucks for the new XBOX.

And we could all but wish something aside from a prostitute could suck and fuck for that much money, but how likely is that?
    "Caw, caw, *BANG* FUCK I'M DEAD!" - Top Dollar, The Crow

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

God created whiskey to stop the Irish from taking over the word.
  • 12-08-2004 3:42 PM In reply to

I'm not to sure about that 400.00 stuff!
    I personally don't have a problem with it , nor does the hardcore gamer, but their TARGET audience is the Mainstream people and I think they will!

Remember back when Sega sold the Saturn for 400.00 and Sony sold the Playstation for 300.00, Sega did not do very well in that battle.

Page 1 of 7 (94 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »