in

Black Label Suicides

EBGames Sucks

Last post 11-18-2004 3:08 PM by WEAPON X. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-05-2004 8:53 PM

Angry [:@] EBGames Sucks

I stopped by EB on my way home from work last night expecting to pick up a game and pay off my Halo 2 preorder and put a few bucks down on Ghost Recon 2. 

First off let me start by saying Nancy pre-ordered Ultra Bust a Move back in September since it was supposted to coming out Oct 10th, then it moved to Oct 25th then to Nov 1st.  Well it shipped sometime with in the last couple days.  I stopped in to pick it up (They never called like they promised) gave them the info to look it up in the computer and they started to grab the game.  They only had open fucking gamesWho the fuck sell open boxes as new games?  Who opens someone pre-ordered game that was already paid for?  The high school monkey behind the counter mubbled something about "They only sent us three games and it's company policy to display the games"   

Well,  Mother Fuckers,  ONLY OPEN ONE COPY AND PUT THAT ON THE SHELF!!  Better yet buy and empty box from the publisher.  I'm not paying full price for an open game and after I pick up Halo 2 I'm not going back to EB. 

I've got a complaint in to the district manager, and I got a full refund.  Ordered it only from walmart.com, should be here in a week.  The only reason we pre-ordered it is because we knew this game wasn't going to be popular so we wanted to make sure that a copy would be waiting for us, un-molested by teenage disk scraching hand.

Here I was planning on walking into EB and hand over $92.35 (the ballance of my H2 pre-order and a full payment for Ghost recon 2 + taxes) and only walk away with a $19.99 + tax game of Bust-a-move.  Instead because of them opening the games I walked out of the store with $23 and somechange ($19.99 + tax).  

Summary:  EB Games Sucks.  I'm done shopping there.
  • 11-05-2004 9:09 PM In reply to

• Angel
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Fall River, Massachusetts
    • Posts 272

Re: EBGames Sucks

I could have told you EBGames sucks.

We open games where I work IF THEY ARE POPULAR AND PEOPLE WANT TO TRY THEM, and we make sure we have enough saved for the preorders.

Fucking last week the DM called the store and I answered the phone, he told me to sell ALL, ALL, the GTA:SA preorders. After I hung up with him I said fuck that. Why the fuck are we taking preorders then? And I held the games for an extra week.

Some times people have no conscience....
  • 11-05-2004 9:19 PM In reply to

I guess I need to find a new store...  There is a best buy that I get a lot of games from.  It's a good place to get games if the department manager in charge of games is working the floor,  she's always nice and checks in the back if the game I want is in but not on the floor yet.

What stores do you guys shop at?  There are a lot of games I want to get this holiday season and the nice lady at block buster is only there 1 out of 3 times when I go in... I really need to learn her name so I can call and ask if she's working before I go shopping.

• 11-05-2004 10:34 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Usually spotted going to and from Tokyo Bay...
    • Posts 712

I buy most of mine, lately, from GameStop, only because of the better trade-in value. The crew up at the store in my mall is pretty cool. They usually grab me a copy of whatever it is I'm looking for if it's in a couple days earlier.

Aside from that, I usually order from publisher web-sites, those that are available like that.
    "Caw, caw, *BANG* FUCK I'M DEAD!" - Top Dollar, The Crow

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

God created whiskey to stop the Irish from taking over the word.
  • 11-06-2004 12:05 AM In reply to

For one EB has never screwed me over maybe cause theres only like 10 to 15 people that ever go in there but as for where else i shop for games gamespot, rhino games, eb, and on occasion wal-mart and bestbuy
  • 11-07-2004 9:12 PM In reply to

• deletionary
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2004
    • Marine Barracks, Washington D.C.
    • Posts 48

EB games completely screwed me out of a pre-ordered game, uhhh i think it was black arrow?? not sure, anyway, they said that someone came in the store and gave them my name and said they wanted to cancel the pre-order.  so the idiots didn't check ID, or ask for a receipt, they just gave whoever it was the money back.  so when i went in to get my game, they said i had canceled it and i was like, fuck no, here's my receipt, I WANT MY GAME!  so instead of getting black arrow, i got my real money back and a copy of the game for free. 

since then Sam's (my place of work) has started getting in all the new games I want, and for at least 5 bucks cheaper than anywhere else.  We sold 523 copies of GTA: SA in the first 3 days and we are getting in 2000 copies of Halo 2 (not collector's edition) for $42.08 .  It's projected that we will sell out of that game in the first 3 days.  Cheap price, new games, I haven't found a better place yet.
    i dunno why i do it. i think it's the fact that i am the one who ends someone else's life that excites me. kinda like playing god without any responsibility.
  • 11-18-2004 2:22 PM In reply to

Re: EB Games Sucks

It was hard but last night as I was going from store to store looking for Ghost Recon 2 I skipped EB.  Damn you bastards!  I know you had the game in stock but I'm not shopping there anymore!
  • 11-18-2004 3:08 PM In reply to

Yes, that is too bad Car.EB did have it in stock and I picked up my pre-order.

I know what you mean, when you want a game so bad and the stress is getting to you and you frantically drive from store to store hoping and praying that someone will have it in stock but deep down you know that smaller stores are just not going to have it  Crying

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)