in

Black Label Suicides

XBOX 360 Elite!

Last post 05-09-2007 5:43 PM by BLS BOB. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-31-2007 12:08 PM

XBOX 360 Elite!

A.K.A. The Super XBOX.... go here for details: http://www.thatvideosite.com/video/4141

"True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love then you catch the early flight home from San Diego, and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blind folded like a god damn magic show and ready to double team your girlfriend and," "It stops right there, and I think what my good friend Mitch is trying to say is, true love is blind."

-Old School
  • 04-04-2007 11:56 AM In reply to

Re: XBOX 360 Elite!

Oh Yeah, I'm gonna buy one!

Xbox 360 Elite and 120GB drive now official

digg_url = 'http://digg.com/gaming_news/Xbox_360_Elite_Now_Official_2'; HD nerds and Xbox fanboys, the moment you've been waiting for: the Xbox 360 Elite we alerted you about way back when it was just called the Zephyr has finally been announced. As we previously mentioned, it will be black, it will have HDMI, and it will have a 120GB drive (it'll also come bundled with a one month Xbox Live trial) for $479. Unfortunately, also as mentioned before, it's not going to have the new 65nm CPUs, it still doesn't have integrated WiFi (Xbox said it's because a study showed the majority of their customers use Ethernet to connect -- huh?), and it won't have an integrated HD DVD drive (not that we expected otherwise). Microsoft did make some marketing decisions since our sources spilled the beans on this thing though: it's not going to be limited edition, as we previously had. Instead, the Elite will be a permanent SKU, the third and top-tier Xbox device. On the solo 120GB drive side of things, that unit will cost $179, and will come with a cable and software to migrate from your old 20GB drive. (MSFT wasn't yet sure if that kit would be sold separately for new Elite users -- sounds like it will be though, and will be priced very reasonably.) More info:
    • The console will come with component and composite cables, as well as an HDMI cable. (Take that, Sony and Apple!)
    • The console will come with a black wireless controller and black (wired) headset.
    • Sorry, the new black controller still doesn't have backlit buttons -- don't let the pic fool you.
    • The black controller, black rechargeable batteries, black headset, and black Play & Charge kit will all be available in retail for the same price as the white gear.
    • The HD DVD drive will not be released in black.
    • Xbox didn't know what HDMI version the Elite uses, nor whether it supports PCM 5.1, TrueHD, etc.; it will obviously support 1080p, though.
    • Sorry, no price cuts on the Premium or Core packs.
    • Xbox Live Marketplace will also begin vending content from New Line, Paramount, and Universal (and their properties).
    It's out April 29th in the US and Canada, people. Ready for your second Xbox? No? Well, it's still cheaper than that other black game console.

Update: Added more pics; also, Major Nelson has live hands-on pics, too.

• 04-05-2007 8:57 AM In reply to

• Mnoland
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-31-2004
    • in ya dome
    • Posts 338
    • Captain

the black one really gives sony a run for thier money assuming sony had games lol

im gonna pick up th elite as soon as my current 360 breaks and it will most of ours will

ralphus ?
  • 04-09-2007 3:21 PM In reply to

Mnoland:

the black one really gives sony a run for thier money assuming sony had games lol

im gonna pick up th elite as soon as my current 360 breaks and it will most of ours will

ya see thats what I'm worried about, if I go ahead and spend that type of money, will it break on me in the next year to where I need to spend a $100 more to get it fixed

"True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love then you catch the early flight home from San Diego, and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blind folded like a god damn magic show and ready to double team your girlfriend and," "It stops right there, and I think what my good friend Mitch is trying to say is, true love is blind."

-Old School
  • 04-09-2007 7:34 PM In reply to

• MmCark
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-23-2004
    • STL, Missouri
    • Posts 374
    • Private

I doubt it, but I would highly suggest that you purchase a warranty whether its through Microsoft or the store you bought it from (if possible)
  • 04-09-2007 11:46 PM In reply to

MmCark:
    I doubt it, but I would highly suggest that you purchase a warranty whether its through Microsoft or the store you bought it from (if possible)

lol yeah, but how much does that cost

-Old School
  • 04-10-2007 12:17 AM In reply to

ima just return my box with the waranty i got 2 pay for most of the elite
    A man without pants is a free man.
  • 04-10-2007 9:42 AM In reply to

Lt ScubaSteve:

MmCark:

i know for the reg xbox 360 it cost me $54.99 for a two year warranty so its reasonable! better than payin for the $129 it costs without the warranty. And most 360 users know that $55 is a steal considering u gonna return it prolly 2-3 times in 2 years lol

• 04-10-2007 1:30 PM In reply to

What the fuck are you guys doing to your 360's that you need to have them repaired?   Are you playing catch with them after eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches without washing your hands?  Are you using a slice of bologna instead of your GRAW disk?   Are you placing your 360 on the carpet?  I don't get it.   (well I guess that means mine is going to be the next one to blow up)

• 04-10-2007 1:31 PM In reply to

LIL ICE 81:
    Lt ScubaSteve:

MmCark:

i know for the reg xbox 360 it cost me $54.99 for a two year warranty so its reasonable! better than payin for the $129 it costs without the warranty. And most 360 users know that $55 is a steal considering u gonna return it prolly 2-3 times in 2 years lol

ya see to me thats just ridiculous... I hope microsoft intends to fix that

-Old School
  • 04-25-2007 8:31 AM In reply to

Carsinigin:

What the fuck are you guys doing to your 360's that you need to have them repaired?   Are you playing catch with them after eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches without washing your hands?  Are you using a slice of bologna instead of your GRAW disk?   Are you placing your 360 on the carpet?  I don't get it.   (well I guess that means mine is going to be the next one to blow up)

I think i jinxed myself.   I got the red ring of death last night.   All I was doing when it crashed was chatting with Lt Bobsled from the dashboard.  It was warm but not hot.  I let it cool overnight and it still not working. 

• 04-25-2007 5:57 PM In reply to

• MmCark
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-23-2004
    • STL, Missouri
    • Posts 374
    • Private

let this be a lesson learned.....dont talk to bobsled Stick out tongue 

• 05-09-2007 10:28 AM In reply to

So did anyone go and buy this?... what about you Car, did ya fix your xbox?

-Old School
  • 05-09-2007 12:18 PM In reply to

I should get my box back tomorrow (Thursday) or Friday depending on if I'm home when the UPS guys stops by. 
  • 05-09-2007 5:43 PM In reply to

• BLS BOB
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-27-2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 820
    • Sergeant

MmCark:

let this be a lesson learned.....dont talk to bobsled Stick out tongue 

Yes i do bad things such as this................................... Bad Things!?

Get your own Gamercard Sig.
    ITS NOT THAT IM GETTING OLD, YOUR MUSIC REALLY SUCKS
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)