in

Black Label Suicides

BF2: Sniper Kit

Last post 11-07-2005 7:02 PM by BLS BOB. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-31-2005 2:21 PM

BF2: Sniper Kit

4 reasons why the sniper kit takes no skill:

1. GPS reveals all enemies for you to snipe

2. One hit kills

3. Laser Designator kills any vehicles you have problems with

4. If you use a chopper to get on a building, nobody with another kit can get you, except the support if he's lucky with his mortar strike.

"Damn Mongorians, breakin down ma shitty wall."
  • 10-31-2005 5:23 PM In reply to

Re: BF2: Sniper Kit

tanks can kill ya, its easy for someone to run up on a sniper and kill them seeing how the pistol sucks balls. I like the sniper in this and you gotta think about rainbow doesnt it suck to have a sniper that doest 1 hit kill? It does take skill to snipe people too, The GPS only goes for 1 sec. and its a long load and only get 3. Sniping has to have skill, if no skill you can only kill the ones standing still and play the black gold and snipe across the map thats hard but fun as hell
    Time is an Illusion, and so is Death.......
  • 11-01-2005 12:51 AM In reply to

well even though i havent played the game i think 1hit kills are fair because in real life you get shot even in the the thigh your legs probably not gonna be there when you look down and your probably not going to get back up and run at them shooting with one leg lol
    A man without pants is a free man.
  • 11-01-2005 5:22 PM In reply to

BF2 has just become 1 big sniping game though, I hardly see anybody using an assault kit anymore. Enigineers are non-existant, even on up-close maps I only see so-and-so sniped this guy, followed by more and more sniping, punctuated by laser targeting every so often. I know I may have said the sniper kit didn't take any skill, but I'm willing to revise my statement in lieu of: It barely takes skill. I'm not against sniping, in fact, I snipe quite often on BF2, but I'm willing to admit that next to no skill is required.
    "Damn Mongorians, breakin down ma shitty wall."
  • 11-01-2005 7:05 PM In reply to

• BLS BOB
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-27-2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 820
    • Sergeant

Whats wrong with being a team player and being an effective one man force at the same time. You overestimate a sniper's CQB capabilities (kudos to Bobbyhell). Saying this kinda feels weird even for the guy whos at the 9# in top snipers with 816 snipes(no bragging intended), but a sniper's life is truly a gamble. I'm strangely better at shooting people when they're running than when they're standing or gone prone, but I suck keeping my beed steady on a still opponent.

Gutspiller, I'm a sniper if I know enemy snipers are hunting my teammates. I'm an engineer if I know enemy tanks are flanking my teammates. I'm a supporter if I know that my teammates are in critical need of health and don't have health boxes remotely close to them.... Now onto the point.

I fight the good fight if I know whats necessary needs to be done. My fellow friend, if you can't take the heat, stay in the mosque.......Oh yea, Snoop E adores the assault class if you want a heavy weapons partner, he's your best bet.

Get your own Gamercard Sig.
    ITS NOT THAT IM GETTING OLD, YOUR MUSIC REALLY SUCKS
  • 11-01-2005 9:28 PM In reply to

• BCBudd
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Canada
    • Posts 63
    • Canadian
      Colonel

Gutspiller, you tired of getting sniped? I suggest going Assault and dropping dem smoke grenades like candy. I used to hate snipers with a passion, until I started smokin. That and avoiding CTF like the plague. BLS BOB has a good point too, take what you need to get the job done.
  • 11-04-2005 6:36 PM In reply to

also the sniper is a fuckin 50 cal least for the americans, so 1 hit is good enough its bad enough your nice sniper spot is givin away after you kill someone even when you move the camera follows. Sniping is awsome at this and take a lot of skill to out snipe your oppent not to be seen and kill guys in and out of vehicles. I snipe and suicide car most of the time. And im not sure what games you play but i see everything and as a sniper i usally die from a assult rifle machine gun or shotgun. Yes many ppl snipe but doesnt mean it takes no skill i just think you get sniped offen and u jumped on here to say it sucks lol.  i belive the sniper takes skill same with everything else. I belive the guns are equally balanced. The saw isnt that accurat the sniper is a bult action that takes forEVER! to reload and shoot again, assault rifle has a small clip, smg is accurat but low clip and weak. Shotgun has no range. 
    Time is an Illusion, and so is Death.......
  • 11-05-2005 6:33 PM In reply to

• BLS BOB
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-27-2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 820
    • Sergeant

Tongue Tied [:S] Re: BF2: Sniper Kit

Yea, the fact that cocking the sniper takes 3 secs kinda stinks up the joint. I disagree with you Bobby, on the power part of the smg, but cqc makes all the difference in power. The shotgun should have at least a 20 yard reach in it's spray. The saw is actually my preferance for automatic weapons in the game because its perfect for conserving ammo, and its easy to take out a cluster fuck of five or so enemies with it's power. The M16's recoil is oddly cumbersome opposed to something like the saw's in this game. In real life don't you have to go prone with an M249 to get the full effect without shakiness.... I don't know, correct me if I'm wrong. 

• 11-06-2005 10:02 PM In reply to

• deletionary
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2004
    • Marine Barracks, Washington D.C.
    • Posts 48

well bob, in real life terms there are 4 ways to fire the m249 saw effectively in combat.

prone is of course the most accurate because your bipod is down and your body is braced against the weapon.

firing from the hip is the second most accurate because you brace it against a meaty part of your body (the hip) when firing.

standing and kneeling are about the same in accuracy because neither provides a good stable balance to stop the recoil of the weapon.

so ....yeah, that's how it is in real life.  I get to do it all once a month or so when we go to quantico and play at mout town.

i dunno why i do it. i think it's the fact that i am the one who ends someone else's life that excites me. kinda like playing god without any responsibility.
  • 11-07-2005 8:27 AM In reply to

• KINGACE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Around here somewhere
    • Posts 702
    • Colonel

lol i said sniping was too easy when the demo came outWink [;)]

Get one !!! Gamercard Sig.
  • 11-07-2005 7:02 PM In reply to

• BLS BOB
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-27-2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 820
    • Sergeant

You're funny king. Why don't you people tell me this stuff. 4# ways to shoot an M249... Oh lets see( You can shoot it from your ass, mouth, eyeless sockets, and your hands.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)