in

Black Label Suicides

Halo 3 Beta

Last post 06-10-2007 11:47 AM by KINGACE. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-09-2007 7:40 PM

• MmCark
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-23-2004
    • STL, Missouri
    • Posts 374
    • Private

Halo 3 Beta

Beta will be released May 16
  • 04-09-2007 11:41 PM In reply to

Re: Halo 3 Beta

so does that mean we'll have a playable demo on that date???
    "True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love then you catch the early flight home from San Diego, and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blind folded like a god damn magic show and ready to double team your girlfriend and," "It stops right there, and I think what my good friend Mitch is trying to say is, true love is blind."

-Old School
  • 04-10-2007 7:00 AM In reply to

• MmCark
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-23-2004
    • STL, Missouri
    • Posts 374
    • Private

if you have an invite to the beta I would imagine so
  • 04-10-2007 7:03 AM In reply to

• KINGACE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Around here somewhere
    • Posts 702
    • Colonel

day after my daughters birthday SUUUWWWWWEEEEEEETAH

Get one !!! Gamercard Sig.
  • 04-10-2007 1:17 PM In reply to

Lt ScubaSteve:

It's the multiplayer beta so you ether get a code if you where picked back in January/February or you can play from the Crackdown disk.   It's not a demo.

• 04-10-2007 1:25 PM In reply to

Carsinigin:

Lt ScubaSteve:

It's the multiplayer beta so you ether get a code if you where picked back in January/February or you can play from the Crackdown disk.   It's not a demo.

So lets say I get an xbox while picking up crackdown, would I be able to play the beta???

"True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love then you catch the early flight home from San Diego, and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blind folded like a god damn magic show and ready to double team your girlfriend and," "It stops right there, and I think what my good friend Mitch is trying to say is, true love is blind."

-Old School
  • 04-10-2007 1:33 PM In reply to

Yes if you pick up a "specially marked copy" of crackdown.  If I remember right the beta is only going to be live for a month or two.  It's going to end before the game comes out.  You'll also need to fork over the cash to get a gold XBL account.

• 04-10-2007 7:15 PM In reply to

okay, how can i tell if its the special copy? Will it be in a tin case or somthing?  Oh, by the way, what is the difference between gold and silver accounts again???

-Old School
  • 04-10-2007 9:04 PM In reply to

• MmCark
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-23-2004
    • STL, Missouri
    • Posts 374
    • Private

Lt ScubaSteve:

okay, how can i tell if its the special copy? Will it be in a tin case or somthing?  Oh, by the way, what is the difference between gold and silver accounts again???

Notice on the cover there will be a little sticker telling you that it includes an Invite to the Halo 3 Beta.. as far as the Gold Vs. Silver...I bolded the key points to make it easier on the eyes

"In Plain English
    In a nutshell, with Xbox Live Silver you are automatically a part of the Xbox Live community. You can send and receive messages from the millions of members already online, download system and game updates, and shop for premium content.

Xbox Live Gold members can do all of those things, plus play games online with or against friends, enter tournaments, engage in video chat (coming in 2006), and tailor matchmaking through feedback, plus get access to special "members only" content not available to Silver members. In other words, you get the full Xbox 360 experience with Xbox Live Gold.

Once you're ready to take the plunge, reserve your gamertag and gamer card online at Xbox.com or through your Xbox 360 Dashboard and prepare yourself for the ultimate online gaming and entertainment experience.

Xbox Live Gold Membership:

• Play your Xbox 360 multiplayer games online with the premiere online gaming service.
    • Use the brand new TrueSkill™ Matchmaking system to play against opponents with similar skills, personalities, and gaming tastes.
    • Give player feedback to rate your teammates and opponents on their sportsmanship, abilities, and conduct to influence matchmaking.
    • Play select original Xbox® games online (the Xbox 360 Hard Drive is required).
    • Get access to exclusive Gold Member content.
    • Engage in video chat.
    • Enjoy all the Xbox Live Silver features (below).

Xbox Live Silver Membership:

• Go online free of charge.
    • Register a unique gamertag and set up your individual gamer card to keep track of your gaming accomplishments.
    • Engage in one-on-one Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) and chat with your friends via the Xbox 360 Headset.
    • Access Xbox Live Marketplace, download and view demos, trailers, and purchase classic and casual games over Xbox Live Arcade using Microsoft® Points.
    • Preview Xbox Live Gold during free weekend trials.
    • Download auto updates and free downloads for your Xbox 360 games.
    • Access Xbox Live Message Center where you can send and receive voice and text messages from other members.
    • Compare gaming stats and achievements against other Xbox Live members.
    • Use your friends list to see who's online.

Premium vs. Free
    The most obvious difference between Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Live Silver is the cost. Every Xbox 360 owner has access to a free Xbox Live Silver Membership*; an Xbox Live Gold Membership allows access to the premium online gaming and entertainment service with superior features. An Xbox Live Gold Membership gives you all the goodies of Xbox Live Silver, plus online play and exclusive member advantages.

Xbox Live Silver is a great introduction to the ultimate online console experience that you get with Xbox Live Gold. Sign up for a free Xbox Live Silver account and get your feet wet. Everyone gets a complimentary 30-day trial of Xbox Live Gold just for signing up for an Xbox Live Silver account (limited time offer; limited number of free trials per system). It's a great opportunity to see what all the hoopla is about. Upgrade your account status to Xbox Live Gold from the comfort of your couch."

Article by Franklin Beans

• 04-10-2007 9:11 PM In reply to

• MmCark
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-23-2004
    • STL, Missouri
    • Posts 374
    • Private

Here's another update while I am at it:

Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta Hits May 16

Redmond, Washington—Microsoft Game Studios and Bungie Studios today confirmed the multiplayer beta of Halo® 3 will debut to audiences worldwide via Xbox LIVE® on May 16 at 5 A.M. Pacific Time and run through June 6 at 11:59 P.M. Pacific Time. Coming exclusively to Xbox 360™ this fall, Halo 3 is the highly anticipated third chapter in the groundbreaking Halo trilogy from legendary developers Bungie.

May 16 can't come soon enough for anxious Halo 3 fans.

May 16 can't come soon enough for anxious Halo 3 fans.

Halo 3 lets you experience Master Chief's greatest battle as he launches an epic mission to stop the Covenant, destroy the impending Flood threat, and ultimately save mankind.

New Levels, Weapons, Game Types
    Made possible through the Xbox LIVE gaming and entertainment network, which provides a robust online service for more than six million gamers worldwide, the multiplayer beta for Halo 3 will provide the first opportunity to get your hands on the new levels, weapons, vehicles, and game types, as well as a chance to provide valuable data that Bungie will use in continued development.

"Bringing an early look at the multiplayer
    elements of Halo 3 to our passionate fan base
    is tremendously exciting for us."
    —Shane Kim, Microsoft

Starting May 16, if you secured your admission to the multiplayer beta either through the "Rule of Three" promotion or by purchasing a specially marked copy of Crackdown™ for Xbox 360, you'll be able to don your Spartan armor, download the beta on Xbox LIVE, and jump online using your Xbox LIVE Gold account* to battle other gamers from around the world.

Three Maps to Play
    When you gather online to play the multiplayer beta via Xbox LIVE in May, you will be treated to three richly detailed, action-oriented maps: Snowbound, High Ground, and Valhalla, which represent a mixture of large- and medium-scale combat environments and are brand new to Halo 3.

Rampage through new levels with new vehicles.

Rampage through new levels with new vehicles.

Each map will test your mettle as you are placed behind the controls of new Halo 3 vehicles such as the agile Mongoose all-terrain vehicle, and armed with deadly weapons such as the new and improved Assault Rifle, the ferocious Brute Spiker, the devastating Spartan Laser, and the treacherous new Spike Grenades. This is just a taste of what awaits you later this fall when Halo 3 goes on sale.

"Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 changed the face of console gaming forever," said Shane Kim, corporate vice president of Microsoft Game Studios. "Gamers from around the world have logged more than 800 million hours on Xbox LIVE playing Halo 2, and years after its launch it remains the number one title on our Xbox LIVE network. Bringing an early look at the multiplayer elements of Halo 3 to our passionate fan base is tremendously exciting for us."

Joining the Multiplayer Beta
    If you didn't participate in the "Rule of Three" promotion but are interested in joining the multiplayer beta of Halo 3, you can still participate through the purchase of the critically acclaimed Xbox 360 title Crackdown, which was launched in February.

Crackdownturns you loose in a free-form, persistent city for action-packed crime fighting that requires a bigger, faster, and stronger hero that evolves as a more efficient weapon through continued gameplay. Each copy of Crackdown has been specially marked with a Halo 3 beta sticker prior to the beta period, and starting May 16 the game will act as a key to download and participate in the Halo 3 multiplayer beta.

Halo 3 promises to be an unforgettable experience.

Halo 3 promises to be an unforgettable experience.

In addition, if you can't wait for the multiplayer beta this May, get an even earlier look at Halo 3 with a new, behind-the-scenes video feature available at http://www.bungie.net and in high definition over Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Starting today, go behind the scenes at Bungie Studios to learn about the people, technology and process that are making Halo 3 an unforgettable multiplayer experience, and to get a taste of what to expect from the upcoming Halo 3 multiplayer beta.

The latest multiplayer video documentary, titled "Is Quisnam Protero Damno!," will offer a glimpse at how Halo 3 multiplayer maps are being designed, built, and architected, and how these amazing spaces are converted into fun places in which to play. You can also catch the first-ever glimpse of brand-new Halo 3 multiplayer levels in their early stages of evolution and construction.

-xbox.com 

• 04-11-2007 5:48 PM In reply to

I wonder if I can still get that special Crackdown game... so how much does gold membership cost usually?

-Old School
  • 04-11-2007 8:57 PM In reply to

• MmCark
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-23-2004
    • STL, Missouri
    • Posts 374
    • Private

I think I just paid 50 bucks for a year.  Really not bad at all especially when you consider the pricing for games like WoW
  • 04-12-2007 3:44 PM In reply to

Thanks Cark... I look forward to the day I can get my 360 Elite

-Old School
  • 05-16-2007 3:32 PM In reply to

• MmCark
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-23-2004
    • STL, Missouri
    • Posts 374
    • Private

if you have an invite via Crackdown you already know that it isnt working now...it looks like there was some glitch in the system or something and the crackdown people are going to have to wait like 24 hours....personally I must say that it is pretty enjoyable having this glitch cuz i can see all the shrieking kids whine about not getting it today.....I'll join up with you guys on the game when I get a chance  (dominus and fro....lucky bastards) 

• 05-24-2007 9:58 AM In reply to

well now that the beta is out, how is it? and what are your thoughts?

-Old School
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next >