in

Black Label Suicides

Ranks

Last post 09-19-2005 8:08 PM by Gojira. 45 replies.
Page 3 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-15-2005 11:22 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Usually spotted going to and from Tokyo Bay...
    • Posts 712

Re: Ranks

Locked Reply Contact
    Holy Crap!!

Frobro's back online, still in the clan, but has no rank!! WTFBBQ?!

"Caw, caw, *BANG* FUCK I'M DEAD!" - Top Dollar, The Crow

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

God created whiskey to stop the Irish from taking over the word.
  • 09-17-2005 10:22 AM In reply to

• er1c
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-21-2004
    • Saint Louis, Missouri
    • Posts 339

Locked Reply Contact
    HAHA OMGWTFBBQ!!!! my friends say that all the time
    Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out.
  • 09-17-2005 7:48 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Posts 712

Locked Reply Contact
    er1c: Off-topic posts are no longer allowed...

BANNED!!1!

Seriously though...what's Fro's rank?

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

• 09-17-2005 8:20 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact
    im shure its pretty high, from what i hear hes been in the clan for a while now
    A man without pants is a free man.
  • 09-18-2005 10:19 AM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact
    he a sarge, click on our lil sarg icon goj
    Time is an Illusion, and so is Death.......
  • 09-18-2005 3:40 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Posts 712

Locked Reply Contact
    At the time of my post, he wasn't any rank...due to inactivity apparently...but as of now, yes, he's a sergeant...

HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!

• 09-18-2005 8:28 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact
    congrats on ur promo sarge. Gojira
    "True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love then you catch the early flight home from San Diego, and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blind folded like a god damn magic show and ready to double team your girlfriend and," "It stops right there, and I think what my good friend Mitch is trying to say is, true love is blind."

-Old School
  • 09-19-2005 1:11 AM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Posts 712

Locked Reply Contact
    Don't bother...it's not going to last long.

• 09-19-2005 5:32 AM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact
     Gojira wrote:
    what do you mean by that?
    A man without pants is a free man.
  • 09-19-2005 2:17 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact
     Gojira wrote:

goj the only reason you will lose your promo is by your own action or lack of, the way youve been going the past week you cant blame anyone but yourself.

• 09-19-2005 5:01 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Posts 712

Locked Reply Contact
    Oh, I'm well aware of the fact I'm shooting myself in the foot. But see, I'm also the one loading the gun with the armor-piercing HE rounds. So it's not like it's inadvertant or anything.

What's the point of having a high rank, if the people under you have no respect and don't listen to you anyway, you know? So why not just knock me back down to Private or whatever until I just quit playing?

And don't give me the "Your behavior hasn't warranted the respect" speech again, either. I've been a sarge for a couple weeks now, and there'd been 0 progress in SFH since it was formed, aside from all the pipedream shit that I tried to introduce, and got practically ignored by everyone. My behavior lately is the result of playing countless rounds of Spawn-Camp--er, I mean Team Sharpshooter with/against people I don't like very much in the first place. I'm tired of pretending to like certain people for the sake of rank. Pantera, you yourself have said there are people here who don't understand what BLS is and was, and that you want to get back to the old-school definition...Yet only just recently have we even started playing survival, and even then, 2/3 rounds it seems is sharpshooter. I agree wholeheartedly with your statement about wanting to get back to "BLS", but I don't see it happening. And as much as I don't like it, me having a leadership position doesn't seem to make a difference at all, as far as the newbies are concerned. In Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield, we were awesome, because our members were a fucking team. After a certain point, unless it was a long-range map, I didn't expect to get many (if any) kills, but instead tried to be cover-fire/an extra gun as well as my recon role. Everyone had their own usefullness to contribute to the team, outside of just being a solo killbot. I don't see that in almost any of the newbies here now.

I guess what I'm saying is my mood is directly related to us not feeling like "BLS". And my being a higher rank than our newbies and them seemingly not caring about the whole system, aside from you, mister General, has gotten me quite a bit worked up, and now to the point where I don't care either.

This may deserve to be in drama somewhat, but it has to do more with rank I think, and more people read this than Drama. So I'm essentially going to say "fuck it", drop me down to a mindless grunt (though the newbie mindless grunts don't act like it, nor do they really follow "orders" for the most part), and I'll play whenever I feel like it, try and be a solo killbot, and not expect anything serious out of us, k?

Pan, you've told me that normally, I'm a lot of fun to play with. And normally, I'd say the same about a lot of the people here, excluding some, because as we all know, not everyone's going to like everyone else. But as it stands, BLS doesn't mean nearly as much to me as it used to, and so I've lost/am losing respect for the clan as a whole.

Maybe this post will clarify and explain my recent behavior to you all, and as long as you don't sit there and flame me back or whatnot, maybe some criticism could help matters. I'd like to have a higher rank, if it felt like it meant something. I would loved to have lead SFH, loved to have been useful in-game, etc, but it all feels meaningless at this point.

Hmm...maybe I should've said this stuff sooner...I calmed down a helluva lot between the first sentence and this one. But keep in mind I posted because I can almos guarantee it would've come across as pure bitching and moaning if I said it on LIVE...maybe it is pure bitching and moaning...I don't even know...

• 09-19-2005 6:05 PM In reply to

• MmCark
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-23-2004
    • STL, Missouri
    • Posts 374
    • Private

Locked Reply Contact
     Gojira wrote:

What's the point of having a high rank, if the people under you have no respect and don't listen to you anyway, you know? So why not just knock me back down to Private or whatever until I just quit playing?
    And don't give me the "Your behavior hasn't warranted the respect" speech again, either. I've been a sarge for a couple weeks now, and there'd been 0 progress in SFH since it was formed, aside from all the pipedream shit that I tried to introduce, and got practically ignored by everyone.
    And my being a higher rank than our newbies and them seemingly not caring about the whole system
    .... a mindless grunt (though the newbie mindless grunts don't act like it, nor do they really follow "orders" for the most part), and I'll play whenever I feel like it, try and be a solo killbot, and not expect anything serious out of us, k?

I must say Gojira, unfortunately I really have not played with you besides a couple of Black Arrow games, so I really don't know what to think of you, nor can I make any accusations.  But I am not sure there is much appreciation from the "newbs" who are apparently "mindless grunts that do not expect anything serious out of the clan," according to some of the above text.  Based on this previous post, Pan's phrase "Your behavior hasn't warranted the respect" may very well apply.  Again, I don't really know you, but this was the impression I got after reading your post.  I may be far off, and if so I apologize, but I think respect should go both ways....higher ranks to lower ranks, and the same from lower to higher.
  • 09-19-2005 7:02 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Posts 712

Locked Reply Contact
    As you said, you and I haven't gamed in quite some time, and therefore, this entire statement is not about you. Also, "newbie" does NOT = newb = n00b = derogatory comment. Newbie = someone new to whatever is being talked about. Context ftw. I really hate the terms "newb, n00b, nub" and all the other derogatory versions...they're fucking dumb. Newbie is fine, as long as it's not used instead of one of those other versions...again, context.

As for the "mindless grunt" comments...what else do you call one who just goes around, doing their own thing, and trying to get kills FOR THEMSELVES. The most fun I had back when, was when I would spit out a constant stream of accurate intel that would lead to our team winning, not in getting the kills myself. If you played with me in either R63: Raven Shield or RTCW, you'd know that I have/had a tendency of giving intel of my target before I even took the shot. Also, when we played TACTICALLY it was a fucking blast. Lockdown has the potential to be one of the most tactical games out there, but what happens? Just rush in, guns-a-blazing try and take as many with us as we can, and hope to come out on top...surprise, surprise. And the point of this, is the fact that the new members (that I've played Lockdown with) ALL use this philosophy, try and rack up as many kills as they can, with little to no regard for the rest of their team...and get away with it. Which is exactly my problem.

I agree that respect is earned more than given...but when you have new people, that you've never met/played with before/much, THEY need to have at least some respect for those with more experience right off the bat. In turn, respect for them is garnered by the higher-up, which then continues to cycle. Again, this is not the case as of late. And again, is my problem.

I've been involved with BLS since day one. Many of the people here, I've known since even before BLS was...I'm going to start distinguishing from now on...OBLS (Original Black Label Suicides) -v- NBLS (New Black Label Suicides) until either it's fixed, or I'm gone, because there's a HUGE difference.

• 09-19-2005 7:55 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact
    Goj your not a vet here man you got kicked out / quit. So needless to say i dont belive you should bitch and moan about anything. Now i played Rainbow with these guys and im still learning shit today. Now calling people newbies is way off line you gotta understand that its fucking Sharpshooter! we are tryin to get our ranks up its about kills we havent really doen any practices damn your inpatient! This game hasnt been out very long and for BLSFH you didnt do much at all but post on the forums the only thing you did was try to get a match going on RTCW. You didnt set anyting up in rainbow (our main game at this moment) As for ranks i belive in them whether anyone else doesnt, its a way of keeping a clan organized and you will lose you brothers if you piss an officer off. People blow that out but to some of us all we play with is clan members. you see how much seven is on now. So that bull shit pissy attitude is really pissing everyone off. You blame everything on lag, cheating, just plane bull shit! Even when you know damn well you get shot. For example me shooting around corner you ran away and never came back to the game on black arrow. now goj ive played with you one night and you were prob the koolest guy in the room but the next day you turned back into this power wanting, everything should go my way boss. When someone fucked up you got all pissy and blamed it on them and didnt give a shit. How are we going to teach "newbies" when you go around blaming people for not covering your back and shit. And then the sniper issue im not even gonna get into that. Im pissed off already from your post insulting higher rank and giving lowers bull shit sayin you are some how better or more tacticle then them. You Dont EVEN KNOW THEM! for the start. as you said you played with them on lockdown wich is like 20 days try me and them for a year to a year and half with these "newbies" You pissed so many people off its come to the point no one wants to be on your TEam! Im too fucking pissed off at the day i have had and this bull shit i have to log into to read. GOOD DAY!

- Ryan (B0bbyhell)
    Time is an Illusion, and so is Death.......
  • 09-19-2005 8:01 PM In reply to

• koocalar
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-29-2004
    • Up Your Anusville
    • Posts 79

Locked Reply Contact
    Gogira, I beleive you are reffering to me, spinnoza, snoop E, Bobby, and Gutspiller as the mindless grunts going around and raking up the kills for themselves.  This is complete bull shit because you haven't played on our team at all.   You have no idea what we are thinking and what we are doing.  I know this for a fact because I always make it a point to not be on the same team as you.  We are trying to make our own squad and each one of us has a purpose.  You obviously didnt know this.  I have lost all respect for you through your posts because you have none for me and my friends.  I thought BLS material was teamwork and goodnatured people, but I guess not because you're the complete opposite.  My point is, dont talk shit unless you actually know what your talking about

Screw AOL!
Page 3 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >