in

Black Label Suicides

Men of Valor

Last post 11-01-2004 3:34 PM by ScubaSteve12318. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-25-2004 6:42 PM

Men of Valor

Has ne1 played this game yet???  Its f*cking awsome, not just awsome, but f*cking awsome, lol.  Its like Return to Castle Wolfenstine but w/o all that lag, as well as those stupid medics that revive people after you kill an enemy in RTCW.  But yes there are people in the game that can call airstrikes, like in wolfenstine, there are medics, who can heal people, not revive people (cuz u cant always save every1s life) there are snipers, there people who make booby traps, and there people who can plant this stuff like C4 (i cant remember the name) and blow it up!  Im going to buy it, the only thing is its going to have compitition w/ my Halo playing time, and thats not cool.

-Scuba
    "True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love then you catch the early flight home from San Diego, and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blind folded like a god damn magic show and ready to double team your girlfriend and," "It stops right there, and I think what my good friend Mitch is trying to say is, true love is blind."

-Old School
  • 10-25-2004 9:12 PM In reply to

Re: Men of Valor

Yes, I have it. I think it's pretty fun. I play it almost everyday.

• 10-25-2004 11:31 PM In reply to

• delphar7
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • The Tholos Temple, Delphi
    • Posts 561
    • Canadian
      Lieutenant

Give us a Review Weapon.... You did mention a few thing sto us online, but commit it to (virtual) paper!

Smile

del
    I'm a Goldmember!
  • 10-26-2004 1:25 AM In reply to

Weapon! whats up man?! havent talked to you 4 ever, we gotta hook up on Live dude.  By the way, what do u think of the story line of the game, I think its cool.

-Scuba
    "True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love then you catch the early flight home from San Diego, and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blind folded like a god damn magic show and ready to double team your girlfriend and," "It stops right there, and I think what my good friend Mitch is trying to say is, true love is blind."

-Old School
  • 10-26-2004 12:40 PM In reply to

• ZillaGod
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2004
    • Long Beach, New York
    • Posts 399
    • General

I coulda used this game in March -- Not fuckin' 2 wks before H2 - mutha fucka!
    Loyal till' death
  • 10-26-2004 1:27 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Usually spotted going to and from Tokyo Bay...
    • Posts 712

This is the reason I really can't stand the holiday season...ALL these good and REALLY good games coming out, and there's like NO way to get everything you want to get...I mean, c'mon game industry, I have other things I have to spend my money on (and I never thought I'd hear myself say that)...

Shit, I've got a $300 dollar purchase to make in Mid November for one bloody game!! I'd like to get Halo 2 to play every once in a while, Call of Duty will be nice, Men of Valor would be nice...ALL this stuff, and no way to pay for it aside from taking a loan out...and I don't know of any bank that'll loan money for video games...believe me...for some reason, I looked into it.

Why do they have to release all the best stuff of a year in a three month time-frame? Why can't they spread it out over a year. Some games are not going to sell NEARLY as well as they could, because people are going to be spending their money on something slightly better, or more highly anticipated. Men of Valor would've been PERFECT two or three months ago, not, like Zilla said, two WEEKS before Halo, or 3 WEEKS before Half-life. It's really obnoxious...
    "Caw, caw, *BANG* FUCK I'M DEAD!" - Top Dollar, The Crow

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

God created whiskey to stop the Irish from taking over the word.
  • 10-26-2004 3:49 PM In reply to

I hear ya Gojira, right now Im broke and I want all these games but I wont get em cuz of the bad timing. I mean Im w/ Zilla if I woulda had this game 2 or 3 months ago I would be fine, but nooooo, it had 2 come out less than a month b4 Halo 2 and trust me, this game aint got anything Halo.  But I still like MOV (Men of Valor)

-Scuba

-Old School
  • 10-27-2004 3:22 PM In reply to

Review, eh!

Well the single player game takes you through 13 misions. You play as private Dean Shepard, an African-American in the middle of the Vietnam War. 

Typically the misssion are all objective based: Kill some VC, help supress fire, take out the turrets, capture the bunker and throwing smoke so an airstike will come.

You can play co-op split screen through the single player campaign.

You can even bring a quest with you on Xbox LiveBig Smile

The Multi player or Live play would be very similar to RTCW.
    Men of Valor has 6 or 7 different character classes on each side, you play either American or the Vietcong.

The modes are detruction, team detruction, retrieve the documents, mission mode, CTF

The game sports some pretty good visuals, it runs off of the Unreal 2 engine. Gameplay is very solid and the control is nice.

If you are familair with Medal of Honor then you will know that MOV is like MOH in Vietnam.

The game is fun but unfortunatly going to get overlooked because of the flood of games in November.

I would give it an 8.5 overall

• 10-27-2004 4:58 PM In reply to

Nice review Weapon, Ill give you for it 8.3, lol

-Scuba

-Old School
  • 10-28-2004 2:33 AM In reply to

• delphar7
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Posts 561
    • Canadian
      Lieutenant

Thanks for the review Eh!

Lol
    del
    I'm a Goldmember!
  • 10-30-2004 1:36 PM In reply to

Eh?! lol i though u Canadians said that word outta habbit, but to even type it makes it even more funny.  "All I said was Canadian beer sucks" lol

-Scuba

-Old School
  • 10-30-2004 5:50 PM In reply to

• delphar7
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Posts 561
    • Canadian
      Lieutenant

LOL, You and yer Peameal Bacon!

Wink
    I'm a Goldmember!
  • 10-31-2004 9:07 PM In reply to

lol, right, anyway, is anyone going to buy this game?  I know I will.......... after I play the sh*t outta Halo 2, lol

-Scuba

-Old School
  • 11-01-2004 2:10 PM In reply to

Sorry Scuba,I already returned my game to EB. There is tons of games to buy this month and I beat MOV.

Halo 2 , Call of Duty, Goldeneye: Rouge Agent, KillZone, Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within.

I am buying all of them so I will be pretty busy  Big Smile Big Smile 

• 11-01-2004 3:34 PM In reply to

I didnt beat cuz i had to return it to blockbuster, but Ill get that game, so help me god.  Does the game have a good ending?

-Scuba

-Old School
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)