in

Black Label Suicides

Have you ever been in a game so intense you were shaking when u were done?

Last post 08-17-2004 5:14 PM by Angel. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-16-2004 5:16 AM

• Angel
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Fall River, Massachusetts
    • Posts 272

Have you ever been in a game so intense you were shaking when u were done?

Well gosh darnit i was just in a game like that.

I was playing Halo on XBConnect and I had a five man room going. The first game me and 2 other guys on my team fucked up the other 2 guys in the room who were RL (rocket launcher, for those of you who aren't in the know) whores.

After that, I changed the map to CHill Out, it's a really small multiplayer map that can be dominated by whatever team has more players with shotguns and RL's. So I ready the game up and it turns out that one of my teammates turned to the other team making it 2 on 3 (odds not being in my favor), and as the game countdown clock reaches 0:00 my team mate drops, making it 3 vs. me

SO I'm thinking "Oh FUCK{/i], this is going to be gobs of fun." Of course the first thing that happens as I turn a corner heading for the Shotgun spawn, BLAM!!... a fucking guy comes around the corner and levels me in one hit. Let's just say after that I decided rushing around after the best weapon isn't in my best interests, so i decided to stick with my starting weapons (The Assault Rifle and the Human Pistol which isn't too bad of a weapon combo at long range but close range I was totally fucked) and see what I can pull out of my ass. The game started getting good, the only problem was that one of the guys on the other team liked having the rocket launcher a little too much for a 3 on 1 match. The thought had crossed my mind to boot him from the room but one of the sucky parts about XBConnect is that if you boot someone from the room the game crashes, so that was out of the question. So the game ran on, most of it was me either mowing a guy down with the Assault Rifle, head-shotting them with a pistol, or me getting blown up by RL's and frags. Despite the many times I got sent hurdling into the air by explosives I managed to stay within 10 points of the other team. Then, my luck turned around about 20 minutes into the game, someone on the other team left making it a IdeaSLAUGHTER MATCH!!!!. The rocket guy kept on camping his damn weapon of choice but that didn't deter me. I just went after his but buddyBig Smile! That's right, I would kill his little shotgun protector then once I spotted captain-douche-bag (as I like to call all rocket launcher whores), I would jump up, throw a frag, and pop him right in between his eyes before he even knew what hit em.

Regardless of my fine pistol accuracy, the game still remained to close for comfort (45-43 favoring me, to be exact), and just when I thought I had it won... the shit hit the fan. El douche bag got his trusty friend back and blew the shit out of me 3 times in a row. Luckily the third time I had spawned I got behind his goofy ass and plasma rifled him in the back so he couldn't turn around and gave him a good ol' WHACK! to the back of the melon. I run out to the Rocket Launcher spawn to see that it's not there, it chilled me to the bone knowing someone might have it. The I turn around to head back to the sniper rifle room to see a Blue bastard staring me in the face. I quickly whip out my trusty pistol and give him 2 clean shots to the skull and melee him in the face. Then, just as my gun was landing in my hands from the pistol whip, another enemy turns the corner in front of me. I only have 6 bullets left in the clip, I pop him once the chest, throw a quick frag, and duck behind the corner.

BOOOOOOOOM

Red Team Wins

Now wasn't that a great story kids...
  • 08-16-2004 2:42 PM In reply to

• ZillaGod
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2004
    • Long Beach, New York
    • Posts 399
    • General

Re: Have you ever been in a game so intense you were shaking when u were done?

Good story Angel - Just reading it got my adrenalin going. I had a similar situation last wek. I was playing HALO on XBC (Not even my host) and going 3v4 (Pros/Elites) on RatRace - My team being the 3 - well about 2 min into the game my 2 teamates dropped out, making it a 1 on 4 - I figured "What the hell - I'll take these punks on myself" - I will keep this alot shorter than your story - I was up 43 - 38 -- edge of my seat shit - wanted to beat these guys badly - 30+ min game - Was up 49-44 and I couldn't seem to find anyone to frag - guy turns the corner - couple shots to the face - WIN 50-44 - Shaking like a leaf - Told LP after about this win - My best win in awhile -- The thing is about HALO (Which exhausts me) Is that I am ALWAYS on the edge of my seat (Literally) when playing this game. In RTCW (was 89th in world at one point) or any other game for that matter I am laying down - chillin on my couch - With HALO, my neck gets stiff and I ALWAYS need a smoke after a good game - Nuthin' else compares to the the rush I get when playing this game - Fuck... Can't wait till' Nov 9th. Just to let you know I am usually on XBC around 11pm most nights. 'Cyrus' -- Keep a lookout
    Oh!- And to anyone reading this, my New XBL gamertag is going to be  xCYRUSx for any upcoming games (DOOM/H2) - Please take note
    Loyal till' death
  • 08-16-2004 7:39 PM In reply to

• Angel
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Posts 272

Good shit ZILLAGOD. I usually play on Live at night but if noone is on I almost always head for XBConnect. I had to change my name on it when I installed my new video card (I had to literally reinstall windows from scratch), so when I made my new name I gave to the BLS tag, if you happen to see [BLS]_Angel that's me.

I know what you mean by the edge of your seat thing, the only time I ever was like that (besides in Halo) was in the Rainbow SIx 3: Black Arrow match we had a while ago. In the beginning of the match I accidently shot Carsinigin in the back, and 30 seconds later it was 5 on 1(me). I ended up wiping out the whole team by the skin of my teeth.

But Halo is the only real game I have ever played where it gets so intense that you don't realize that you're playing the game on the edge of your seat, not blinking, only thinking about how Not to die, and holding the Xbox controller so hard it almost feels like it's an extension of yourself.
  • 08-16-2004 9:52 PM In reply to

Angel wrote:
    In the beginning of the match I accidently shot Carsinigin in the back...

I remember that.
  • 08-17-2004 2:52 AM In reply to

• KINGACE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Around here somewhere
    • Posts 702
    • Colonel

Carsinigin wrote:
     Angel wrote:
    In the beginning of the match I accidently shot Carsinigin in the back...

I remember that.
    lol

Get one !!! Gamercard Sig.
  • 08-17-2004 5:14 PM In reply to

• Angel
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Posts 272

Just be greatful, if it wasn't for your dead corpse we might not have won that round....Big Smile
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)