in

Black Label Suicides

Purple Puter for Nancy

Last post 12-09-2004 9:03 PM by Carsinigin. 17 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-09-2004 4:21 PM In reply to

Re: Purple Puter for Nancy

I got all the parts for the computer yesterday and spent all of last night lapping the heat sink and assembling the motherboard into the case.  It's a very small case, compaired to the full server tower case that I'm used to, small enough that I had to remove the ram in order to install the floppy drive.  I haven't even had the chance to fire it up yet.  Nancy know I'm building a computer for here but she doesn't know what the case looks like or even that I've got the glowing purple fans for it.  I made her stay in the computer room playing COH all night well I dissambled the case down to the bare guts.  By the time I got the computer in working order  it was time to go to bed. (You all know my strict bedtime).

I did get a chance after Nancy went to sleep to fire up the purple led fans.  Those things are sweet not anywhere near as bright as blue led fans but the color is great.  I'm taking pictures with my old film camera so after it's all done I'll post the pictures.
  • 12-09-2004 5:31 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Usually spotted going to and from Tokyo Bay...
    • Posts 712

You'd have to go into a store and look through the catalog, then you'd have to order them. I looked through it and there are a couple, they're just a low power, and fairly small.

From what I've seen though, most of the LED fans are a bright red and a bright blue, that when spun look purple (and a really cool BRIGHT purple at that). So that's always an option. You could always check out some other PC sites (pricewatch) for led setups. Guy I work with has a colored strobe type of thing going on his computer...looks REALLY badass. I don't remember the site, but I could ask if ya want.
    "Caw, caw, *BANG* FUCK I'M DEAD!" - Top Dollar, The Crow

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

God created whiskey to stop the Irish from taking over the word.
  • 12-09-2004 9:03 PM In reply to

With all these LED's and stuph I think I'm going to have to switch out the power supply that came with her new case.  I was looking at it last night and it just feels "cheap".   I've got two nice Antec power supplies in my other computer, one 300 the other 400 watts.  I think I should give her the 400 watt one and got buy a nice 500 watt one for myself. 

I found a place that has LED's for cheap http://www.futurlec.com/LEDGen.shtml
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2