in

Black Label Suicides

Xbox 360 rumours CLEARED UP

Last post 12-02-2005 7:26 PM by BLS BOB. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-30-2005 10:26 AM

Xbox 360 rumours CLEARED UP

-->
    A Couple of Rumours Cleared Up

Author: Matt |  Published: 7 Hours ago |  Views: 3201  |  Community Forums

One of the PR guys for Xbox, John Porcaro, has made a couple of comments on his blog that should explain away, and also clear up, a lot of the confusion and rumours that have been surronding the Xbox 360 of late.

Today, a couple of us spent a good deal of the day today pouring over feedback from forums and blogs.  There are a couple of particularly nasty rumors that I’d love to address.  I know Molly continues to work with the mainstream press, so you should expect news stories to continue. 

Recall Rumors are 100% False: The nastiest RUMOR that’s making the rounds is that Microsoft is going to do some sort of a recall of the Xbox 360.  Several forum threads I’ve seen are talking about folks going into retailers, only to be told that there will be no more units coming because of a Microsoft recall.  NOT TRUE!   If you're told this by a retailer, let me know.

Replenishment Units Are On The Ground: Also, there are reports of some retailers saying they won’t have units for weeks or months.  Also not true (in most cases).  My theory is that some people might be tired of the constant calls, so they’ve made something up to get people to quit calling.  We are shipping units constantly (we have chartered 747’s regularly flying in with units).  Some retailers have a backorder wait list, and might not have units that will be on shelf for some time, and some retailers might allocate more units to one store over another, but all stores that have placed orders are getting replenishments regularly. 

In fact, we have confirmation that units are on the ground and on their way to retailers this week.  When those will go from our warehouses to retailer warehouses, then to retailer locations is largely up to those retailers, so there’s no easy way to say which store will get product on which day.  You should call your local retailer to find out. We remain on track to ship 2.75 to 3.0 million consoles in the first 90 days. 

Hardware Replacements in as Few as 5-7 Days: I saw a couple of posts where people with problems were postponing calling 800-4MYXBOX.  Not sure if it’s because of long wait times (now the rush of launch is beginning to die down, those are diminishing), or that they think they might be weeks without a console.  Truth is that we’re turning around replacement/repaired units extremely quickly, in as few as 5-7 business days.  Our support reps have been trained to troubleshoot your problems over the phone.  When a return is necessary, we overnight a prepaid box to you, which allows you to overnight your console back to us.  In most cases, we troubleshoot/repair/replace your Xbox 360 in 1-2 days, and we overnight it back.  We planned for world-class customer satisfaction, and have plenty of consoles, parts, and trained employees to handle the volume.

Source: JP's Blog

NOTE -- THEY SHOULD BE IN-STORES THIS WEEK...WHAT ARE YA WAITIN' FOR GO GET ONE or TWO!!!!!!!

• 12-01-2005 6:13 PM In reply to

Re: Xbox 360 rumours CLEARED UP

meh it seems ill never get one ive called everyday this week!! GOD DAMN IT!
    I sold your dog to a chinese resturaunt- Anal Cunt featuring seth putnam
  • 12-02-2005 7:26 PM In reply to

• BLS BOB
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-27-2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 820

Re: Xbox 360 rumours CLEARED UP

I'm just so messed up because of not getting my unit. I just want to slap a 360 owner with a flakey tuna.

Get your own Gamercard Sig.
    ITS NOT THAT IM GETTING OLD, YOUR MUSIC REALLY SUCKS
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)