in

Black Label Suicides

/poke

Last post 11-21-2006 1:33 PM by Gojira. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-17-2006 9:54 PM

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Usually spotted going to and from Tokyo Bay...
    • Posts 712

/poke

What's a-happenin', hot-stuff(s)?!

Just popping in to say "YO!" and see what you all are up to these days (aside from the obvious 360-ing). Who's playing what and all that jazz?

Edit: Also, Nice layout now, Car. Looks sexy.

"Caw, caw, *BANG* FUCK I'M DEAD!" - Top Dollar, The Crow

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

God created whiskey to stop the Irish from taking over the word.
  • 11-18-2006 2:44 PM In reply to

Re: /poke

I was just wondering where you have been, Gojira.   It's good to hear from you again. Did you ever get a 360?

• 11-18-2006 3:28 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Posts 712

Not yet, been enjoying my newly upgraded PC...but having seen a lot of the newer games on the 360, I've been thinking about it.

Edit: Been playing a lot of F.E.A.R. lately...game's disturbingly awesome. 

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

• 11-18-2006 7:25 PM In reply to

• Mnoland
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-31-2004
    • in ya dome
    • Posts 338
    • Captain

well if u do man add m w noland to your list and we can rock some shit
    ralphus ?
  • 11-19-2006 2:47 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Posts 712

Between the fact that my TV's dead, I'm flying down to Austin, TX for Christmas and New Year's, and I'm close to finding a new place (roomate's moving in with his GF >.<), it probably won't be until January or so at the earliest. Trying to figure out who's playing what, what games are better than others, all that jazz...that way I know how painful it'll be on wallet. ;P

Soon as I do get it, though, it's gonna be hawtt. What's the multiplayer FPS situation looking like? Anything RTCW-style? And from the looks of it, the new Rainbow's going to be a mix between Lockdown and Raven Shield? Opinions, people! Opinions!

• 11-21-2006 10:06 AM In reply to

• Mnoland
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-31-2004
    • in ya dome
    • Posts 338
    • Captain

the  new rainbow is ugly as hell but the gamplay is pretty fricken fun, but gears of war was a plesent surprise not only is it the best looking shooter its also the best plying and utilizes team work more thathe other games out there not to mention the brutal head smashing and gore. it is by a very very far the best looking shotter on 360 and prolly gonna be for atleast a year i strongly recommend gears of war to people. one prob though is at ranges your weaponry is basically useless its all about getting close and demolishing the enemy but the sniper on the other hand is pinpoint precision with head shots being rewarded with imense gore i say this cuz i know u like snipers , rainbow seems generic and not like rainbow too me but once u give it a chance and figure out a level it grows  on you its new cover system is kinda cool but still cant pick up the intesity og gears of war when your hanging your shotty over your head behind cover pumping round after round into charging  enemys. both very good games but if you only had enough for one i would say dfinatly gears of war .   oh and get gamfly save some mula check out whats hot and whats not for yourself
    ralphus ?
  • 11-21-2006 1:33 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Posts 712

Gamefly...good call.

Saw the demo of Gears of War from some game con a week or so ago, looked sharp. Multiplay's the shit on it, though? If/when I get a 360, it'll be for largely the same reason I got the first Xbox...Live and online multiplayer. RTCW sold me on the first Xbox, and Frosty did the final convincing on that one.

But it sounds like the glory days of Rainbow 6 are over...watched some video of the new POC and video-face-mapping thing, as well as some demo videos...and I weep for the ruination of a good series. Some things are kinda cool, but the overall concept is too in-depth, and concept/envelope-pushing is beginning to interfere with gameplay...the latter being more important.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)