in

Black Label Suicides

Ilovebees.com

Last post 08-31-2004 11:44 PM by Gojira. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-21-2004 4:05 PM

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Usually spotted going to and from Tokyo Bay...
    • Posts 712

Ilovebees.com

This is quite possibly one of the coolest site ideas I've seen in a while...

For those unaware, supposedly this site is a huge marketing ploy for Halo 2 done by Bungie and MS, but is being disguised as a "hacked" bee site...Click on the "Help me out" link on the main page, read some of the blog posts, then go back and click on whatever you can, links are hidden throughtout the whole thing. Also, look for hidden messages in the text by trying to highlight all of the text on that particular page.

Check frequently, because the page changes several times a day...

Also, go to xbox.com and watch the Halo 2 trailer and see if it really DOES show "www.ilovebees.com" at the bottom of the screen at the end of the trailer...
    "Caw, caw, *BANG* FUCK I'M DEAD!" - Top Dollar, The Crow

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

God created whiskey to stop the Irish from taking over the word.
  • 08-22-2004 3:42 PM In reply to

• delphar7
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • The Tholos Temple, Delphi
    • Posts 561
    • Lieutenant

Re: Ilovebees.com

Very Good Gojira. I was speculating perhaps another game, but when I saw this: "All right. Old joke:

Marine: Damn right, I'm running away! There's two of us, alone, on foot, no weapons, and four hundred Covies on the other side of that hill. What are you going to do, tough guy--field-rig a railgun out of a rubber band and my dental fillings?
    Spartan (speculatively): You have fillings...? "

I figured it had to be a Halo thing. Guilty Spark? Trying to reach us through our "primitive" interface?

hmmm.. must explore more...

del
    I'm a Goldmember!
  • 08-22-2004 4:06 PM In reply to

• delphar7
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Posts 561
    • Lieutenant

Ok another thing that just adds to this story, lots of talk about transferance and changing. memory and almost an AI type feel. Well, here's another quote:

"the Apocalypse.
    It served its purpose, but I no longer need it. I will become not less, but more the crash. Looking back on the logs of my first delirium it is clear I went completely metempsychotic."

Metempsychotic
    Main Entry: me·tem·psy·cho·sis
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Late Latin, from Greek metempsychOsis, from metempsychousthai to undergo metempsychosis, from meta- + empsychos animate, from en- + psychE soul -- more at PSYCH-
    : the passing of the soul at death into another body either human or animal

hmmmm very interesting... well, I can't possibly go all nuts with this, so everybody go find stuff! I found EVADE and REVEAL... now just looking for Seek and Resist...
    I'm a Goldmember!
  • 08-22-2004 4:28 PM In reply to

• delphar7
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Posts 561
    • Lieutenant

Shoot, OK last post... go to http://www.ilovebeer.org/ Same shite, different pile

del
    I'm a Goldmember!
  • 08-22-2004 5:15 PM In reply to

• delphar7
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Posts 561
    • Lieutenant

OK last thing: http://qube.netninja.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page Just a site dedicateds to the mystery of ILB.com

peace!
    I'm a Goldmember!
  • 08-22-2004 7:05 PM In reply to

• Angel
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Fall River, Massachusetts
    • Posts 272

my god that was alot of posts.
  • 08-22-2004 7:39 PM In reply to

• delphar7
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Posts 561
    • Lieutenant

/me puts on his ingnore Angel glasses...

So Most likely a big ARG... http://www.argn.com/index.html

Way fun, real, and free... Reality is shifting, video games no longer need video... Smile

Where will you bee when the Axons go hot?

del
    I'm a Goldmember!
  • 08-22-2004 8:22 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Usually spotted going to and from Tokyo Bay...
    • Posts 712

Lol, "bee"...

Anyway, if it is indeed an ARG, which is very possible after checking out the discussions as well as a couple other ongoing ones, then it is actually pretty cool...nifty idea...

Kinda funny though...I wonder if the refferences to Halo 2 are intentional, or is it just that people are believing what they want to believe?

Hmmmm....

',:/
    "Caw, caw, *BANG* FUCK I'M DEAD!" - Top Dollar, The Crow

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

God created whiskey to stop the Irish from taking over the word.
  • 08-23-2004 1:03 PM In reply to

• delphar7
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Posts 561
    • Lieutenant

Well, the counter ends in a Day... 6:07AM... We'll see what the Puppet Masters of the ARG will do... Smile Any Axons near you? You going? You'd need a GPS device for the geocaching part of it... but still, I'd be ultimately jealous! Canada seems clear of "Axons" Stick out tongue

del
    I'm a Goldmember!
  • 08-23-2004 5:11 PM In reply to

There are two GPS points just out of my way home from work.  I programmed them into my GPS this morning and I'm going to hit them tonight to scout them out.   I'm going to have to look a bit more at the times posted with the coords to see if I can possible be at on of the points at the correct time tomorrow.

• 08-23-2004 5:31 PM In reply to

One of the points "35.781583      -78.638983      13:23 PDT" is downtown Raleigh and that would be 4:23 pm localtime.  I may be able to get out of work early and fight the downtown traffic to get there.   It's right by the North Carolina History Museum,  it may be difficult to get  a parking spot that time of day.

The other one "35.776983      -78.638117      8:47 PDT" is just a couple blocks south of there but that would be 11:47 am local time and it's too far from my work for me to swing by at lunch.

• 08-23-2004 8:27 PM In reply to

• delphar7
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Posts 561
    • Lieutenant

Well Good luck if you _do_ go... (and get your advance copy of halo2) LOL! JOKE RUMOUR geesh.... But still who knows, maybe it is absolutely nothing, it's the adventure of it! Smile
    I'm a Goldmember!
  • 08-23-2004 8:44 PM In reply to

advanced copy!  Sweet..  I'm calling in sick.

• 08-24-2004 12:13 AM In reply to

here's a picture of the area in front of the History Museum.  

• 08-24-2004 4:42 PM In reply to

It looks like the axoms are locations of payphones.  And you have to answer some questions correctly to make them go hot.

I took off early for lunch and was able to get to the 8:47 PDT Axom.  There where two sets of payphones there and about 10-15 people camping them out.  I picked the wrong phone and the guy that got the call didn't answer the questions correctly so our axom didn't go Hot.

I'll be leaving work early to get to the other one near me.  I was talking to a few of the people there and they are going to be running around all day to get to the axoms. 

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >