in

Black Label Suicides

Star Wars Battlefront (Your thoughts here)

Last post 09-25-2004 10:07 PM by delphar7. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-22-2004 3:03 AM

Star Wars Battlefront (Your thoughts here)

So far I'm loving SW Battlefront.  We'll need to figure out how to host more then four people in a game at a time though..

It's perrty fast paced with respawns and you attempt to capture all of the spawn points on the map.

• 09-22-2004 12:36 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Usually spotted going to and from Tokyo Bay...
    • Posts 712

Re: Star Wars Battlefront (Your thoughts here)

The game's frickin' GORGEOUS!! Graphics are pretty bloody incredible for a Star Wars, but not quite as good as KOTOR...

As far as I'm concerned, the vehicles are where it's at here...As we all know, I'm no good at shooting people, but damned if I'm not one HELLUVA pilot...Big Smile Favorite is a tie between the Rebel Assault Speeder, and the ever popular AT-ST (chicken-walker, for the uninitiated)...although I've found that, when piloted properly, the speeder will mop the floor with an AT-ST...

Yes, definitely need more people in a single game. The bots, however, when put on hard, are just as good (if not better than) most human players. There's an ASSLOAD of them, too, and that makes the combat much more intense...

I'd have to say, this is the BEST Star Wars game I've played in a VERY, long time.
    "Caw, caw, *BANG* FUCK I'M DEAD!" - Top Dollar, The Crow

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

God created whiskey to stop the Irish from taking over the word.
  • 09-22-2004 2:59 PM In reply to

well at 5am it arrived at dulles airport in VA and as of 9:10 is on a truck heading for my xbox i should have it within the hour

• 09-22-2004 4:07 PM In reply to

Car,

You need to adjust the network settings. I think you pick options, live, network?? You have to change it to T1 to play 24 people. There are various speed settings to pick from, maybe, bump it up a notch? I changed mine to dsl/cable 384 

• 09-22-2004 5:02 PM In reply to

I'm glad someone found the setting... I got the game late last night so I haven't had a chance to look at any of the options.  I'm guess I'm just used to it automaticly selecting the correct numbers of players for you connection.

• 09-25-2004 3:10 PM In reply to

• delphar7
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • The Tholos Temple, Delphi
    • Posts 561
    • Canadian
      Lieutenant

C'mon people, you _all_ are playing it, post some fucking thoughts.. sheesh...

Glitches, Annoyances, happy suprise and delights... funnny and sad... content, number of maps... Etc etc... Let's hear it for us Po' people...

del
    I'm a Goldmember!
  • 09-25-2004 9:40 PM In reply to

Well Delphar,

It's a great game.  Not the best game ever or anything like that but a very fun game and a nice change of pace from RB6.  The graphics are passable and in someplaces very believible, but it's not Doom3.  The levels are for the most part excellent.  There is a Hoth level like the opening sequence from Empire Strikes Back that is my favorite map. 

It really has the feeling that you are playing the Star Wars battles.  There are three teams; Rebels, Empire and CIS(Robots) and two time periods one from episodes 4-6 and the other from 1-2. 

You can kill JarJar like characters on the maps that are based in Naboo, that is always fun. 

I don't think I would have played this game if it came out the same time as the orginal RB6 or if they released it near Halo 2,  but RB6 is getting old, Hell we have been playing it for over a year.  

Annoyances:  No real lobby.  It aways seems there is some whiny kid bitching that the teams are uneven in public rooms and if you get a little lag it can be very deadly.  I had a really bad case of lag Thursday night and I just had to log off,  I was unable to do anything.

The name of the person talking doesn't show up on the screen that sucks too.  Flying some of the airships is really hard, it really just takes some practice,  some of the maps that are based on flying ships I find it's easier if you take the ground route and let someone else deal with all the ships.

Overall if you can spare the cash I would say pick it up.   It's going to be a fun game that I'm sure will last us until Ghost Recon 2 and Halo 2 come out in November.  I don't know how much we'll be playing it after that,  it will depend on how good Halo 2 is.
    Next time your one send me an invite to RB6 and I can answer any more questions you have.
  • 09-25-2004 10:07 PM In reply to

• delphar7
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • The Tholos Temple, Delphi
    • Posts 561
    • Canadian
      Lieutenant

Nope, You covered it pretty well. That sounds like I expected. Good, but not great. Entertaining. And yes, if the cash flows... I'll think aboot it. ')
    I'm a Goldmember!
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)