in

Black Label Suicides

Rainbow 6: Lockdown

Last post 09-26-2005 8:33 AM by HepaTito. 169 replies.
Page 1 of 12 (170 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-03-2005 1:47 PM

Rainbow 6: Lockdown

• 02-09-2005 2:52 PM In reply to

Re: Rainbow 6: Lockdown

• 02-17-2005 1:48 PM In reply to

Release date- 3/15/05

• 03-10-2005 7:20 AM In reply to

5 days to go!
    "True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love then you catch the early flight home from San Diego, and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blind folded like a god damn magic show and ready to double team your girlfriend and," "It stops right there, and I think what my good friend Mitch is trying to say is, true love is blind."

-Old School
  • 03-11-2005 8:11 PM In reply to

• Tito
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-20-2004
    • Cleveland!!!!
    • Posts 45

Computer [co] Re: Rainbow 6: Lockdown

DOOD LESS THAN A WEEK!!!  Yes oh yah when you guys reserved it, if any of you did, did you get any like demo? 
  • 03-11-2005 9:32 PM In reply to

Tito, I didn't get a demo.

• 03-12-2005 12:48 AM In reply to

• Angel
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Fall River, Massachusetts
    • Posts 272

I am 90% sure it got delayed until April sometime. I will have to find a release date somewhere.
  • 03-12-2005 8:33 AM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Usually spotted going to and from Tokyo Bay...
    • Posts 712

Wow...a delay when many stores already HAVE it would seem kind of stupid to me...maybe you're just wrong...

Anyway...NEXT WEEK!!!

WoW will actually be taking a back-seat to XBL when I get my scope-happy hands on this...
    "Caw, caw, *BANG* FUCK I'M DEAD!" - Top Dollar, The Crow

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

God created whiskey to stop the Irish from taking over the word.
  • 03-12-2005 12:52 PM In reply to

According to what I am seeing, it is actually looking like a June release! Funny-thing, Ubisoft originally stated that it would be out in Summer of 2005, but, 3 months into development it got bumped to March?

More to come, I'm sure.

• 03-12-2005 4:55 PM In reply to

• Angel
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Posts 272

Hate to kill it for you Goj but no stores have Lockdown yet, for a number of reasons.

1. Ubisoft, almost, never ships their games early.
    2. Read every magazine/web site for April featuring Lockdown and it's expected release. Including EGM, gamespot, and my stores release date list, that all say April.
    3. I also think this game was made way too quickly. I mean RSBA was just relased last August and already another game is coming out in the series. That's Insane.
  • 03-12-2005 5:31 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Usually spotted going to and from Tokyo Bay...
    • Posts 712

1. Considering that I myself have seen the actual game in Gamestops and EB's up here, the first point is kinda bogus. Not just some display boxes, but I saw the actual games, in their Ubi-shipped boxes, with the nice little DNR stickers all over them.

2. EGM, Gamespot and a lot of the other mags/sites out there are so bloody biased and/or inaccurate, they're almost funny...almost...

3. As for the whole "rushed" idea...RS:BA was only a mod of the first Rainbow on Xbox. They made no major changes to gameplay. Patch to some of the online glitches, mod in a few new guns...okay, a COUPLE new guns...and make a few maps. This type of thing requires very little man-hours.

Besides, what would make you think that Lockdown was only in the creation stages for only as long as we've known about it...Despite popular belief, a lot of the bigger-named companies are starting to keep tighter and tighter wraps on their ID games, that way A) hype doesn't get too big for the reality (seeing the many disappointments that brought to Halo2), and B) it saves the dev team a LOT of pressure, forcing them to rush it out, skip certain aspects that would make it amazing, and forego the in-depth testing such new games require.
    "Caw, caw, *BANG* FUCK I'M DEAD!" - Top Dollar, The Crow

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

God created whiskey to stop the Irish from taking over the word.
  • 03-12-2005 11:42 PM In reply to

• Angel
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Posts 272

I hate to say you are wrong, well no I don't. I just found out the game was delayed until June 7th (which means it ships on June 6, most likely), so if you did see the game in stores(ha YEAH RIGHT) that's one long time to have to hold a street date. Here's some links you might want to take a look at.

Gamestop Release Date

EBGames Release date (off by a week)

Gamespot Relase Date (Gamespot been wrong before, they showed Iron Phoenix release Date as 2/22/05 unitl march)
  • 03-12-2005 11:46 PM In reply to

• Angel
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Posts 272

Oh and BTW, Ubisoft is shipping a couple of games this month, some of which may have been street dated. I.E.Brothers in Arms, Splinter Cell, Cold Fear.
  • 03-18-2005 6:35 AM In reply to

"frankly my dear, i dont give a damn"..... as long as i get a good online game im good
    "True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love then you catch the early flight home from San Diego, and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blind folded like a god damn magic show and ready to double team your girlfriend and," "It stops right there, and I think what my good friend Mitch is trying to say is, true love is blind."

-Old School
  • 03-18-2005 11:47 PM In reply to

• Tito
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-20-2004
    • Cleveland!!!!
    • Posts 45

well heres my theoryIdea...i do believe that possibly ubisoft kept R63L back to get there sales for the 2nd quater, for instance, Splinter cell comes out this month, and i dont think that they would try and like "compete" agianst there own game right? why not have a bunch of people buy splinter cell with there rainbow money and then give em some time to save up for lockdown! dood im a Capital genius![8-|]

Page 1 of 12 (170 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »