in

Black Label Suicides

Call of Duty 2?

Last post 11-24-2005 8:01 PM by BLS BOB. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-04-2005 8:53 PM

Call of Duty 2?

• 03-09-2005 5:54 AM In reply to

Re: Call of Duty 2?

thats awsome, cuz i like WWII games
    "True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love then you catch the early flight home from San Diego, and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blind folded like a god damn magic show and ready to double team your girlfriend and," "It stops right there, and I think what my good friend Mitch is trying to say is, true love is blind."

-Old School
  • 09-28-2005 8:36 AM In reply to

Stick out tongue [:P] Re: Call of Duty 2?

Final Box Art -

Call of Duty 2 Screenshot #20

• 09-28-2005 8:43 AM In reply to

Oh, Man, I didn't even catch this but it says 64 players online? HOLY SHIT

• 09-28-2005 10:12 AM In reply to

I've already have this reserved. Anyone else getting this at launch?
    Do I smell the revolting stench of self-esteem?
  • 11-15-2005 12:18 PM In reply to

Xbox 360 Review - AWESOME -

First Call Of Duty 2 Xbox 360 Review
    11.15.2005 12:47 | Dusty | Xbox 360
    Xbox360News.com | Read & Add Comments (3) | Link to this article

New game reviews keep appearing around the net as we are nearing launch day, and first out with a review of Call of Duty 2 is TotalGames.net , and you are going to love every word of it.

Here are some highlights from the review

[The first thing to note is that even when the console game is running side by side with a top of the range PC version, outputting in as high-resolution as it can muster, the 360 version has the edge visually. Perhaps this will change as graphics cards evolve, but for now, the console game runs more smoothly, has far quicker load times, and looks generally better than its poor home computer cousin. This means that visually, Call of Duty 2 is absolutely jaw dropping, especially when it's played on a high definition Widescreen TV. However, even without such wallet-sapping technology in your home, the glory of the graphics is there to be seen in every second of the game, whether you're charging suicide-style into the midst of a hail of German bullets to defend Stalingrad in the Russian campaign, or desperately trying to gain a foothold in Normandy during the American missions, it's clear that Infinity Ward has polished this game to the nth degree. Proudly boasting an incredibly solid 60 frames per second, along with all the usual technical refinements that subtly contribute towards making the game as slick as possible (such as anti-aliasing and 720p output), Call of Duty 2 plays like a dream - never skipping to load in the enormous levels, never stuttering during moments of intense combat, and never faltering when all you can see is fire, bullets and blood. Put simply, the look of Call of Duty 2 is flawless.]

[As a matter of fact, there really isn't an area of this game that has been weakened to accommodate anything else. Call of Duty 2 has been polished and refined into a fine example of the sort of solid, high-quality game players can start to expect from the next-generation of consoles. It's far more than 'just a PC port' of 'yet-another-WWII-shooter', and in light of this, it could be the best FPS available for the Xbox 360's launch. Duty is calling, and we'd advise you to enlist this winter...]

TotalGames.net gave Call of Duty 2 an impressive 94%, and you can read the full review at their website.

• 11-15-2005 5:51 PM In reply to

• BLS BOB
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-27-2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 820
    • Sergeant

The claimed 32 players made my eyebrow rise in delight.

Get your own Gamercard Sig.
    ITS NOT THAT IM GETTING OLD, YOUR MUSIC REALLY SUCKS
  • 11-16-2005 6:42 AM In reply to

Damn, it's only 8-player on XBL.

I read it from Gamespot, IGN video review and 1UP review.

• 11-16-2005 7:41 AM In reply to

GamePro gave it a 100% - WOW

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=642024

Anyway, here is a bit on the multiplayer

The Mad Multi
    Multiplayer wise, Call of Duty 2 supports eight-player online play via Xbox Live, standard four-player split-screen, and the option to system link up to 16 players. The general FPS game types, including deathmatch, team deathmatch, and CTF, are all included, and it runs wonderfully smooth on Live.

While your instinct may be to write this one off as "Reviewer gets bit by new-generation hardware bug", don't do it! In fact, I'd be surprised if the Xbox 360 gets a better game than Call of Duty 2 in the next year--seriously.

• 11-16-2005 3:54 PM In reply to

WEAPON X wrote:

Are you kidding! Please tell me your lieing.... Finest Hour had more than that.... WTF!!!!

• 11-16-2005 4:50 PM In reply to

i aint gettin it then lol i never liked call of duty just the game style and shit was lame.
    Time is an Illusion, and so is Death.......
  • 11-16-2005 5:10 PM In reply to

• BLS BOB
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-27-2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 820
    • Sergeant

Well Finest Hour sucked. It was indeed not the finest hour for the greatest WW2 franchise. Bobby, you're not even going to rent it.

Get your own Gamercard Sig.
    ITS NOT THAT IM GETTING OLD, YOUR MUSIC REALLY SUCKS
  • 11-17-2005 1:53 PM In reply to

• BCBudd
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Canada
    • Posts 63
    • Canadian
      Colonel

WEAPON X wrote:

Well looks like I ll be playing P0D then, 8 players what a joke.

• 11-17-2005 2:27 PM In reply to

well u can play it at bestbuy well pantera can cuz he lives here ya most bestbuys have 360 to play
    Time is an Illusion, and so is Death.......
  • 11-17-2005 3:14 PM In reply to

yea i saw the demo there... couldnt play it... there was a line...
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >