in

Black Label Suicides

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect = Great homage to Perfect Dark on XBL!

Last post 04-08-2005 12:56 AM by MmCark. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-24-2005 1:45 PM

• Angel
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Fall River, Massachusetts
    • Posts 272

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect = Great homage to Perfect Dark on XBL!

This game rules and I would suggest everyone to go out and buy it. I have to go to work but when I get back I'll give you guys a decent review of it.
  • 03-25-2005 9:18 PM In reply to

• MmCark
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-23-2004
    • STL, Missouri
    • Posts 374
    • Private

Re: TimeSplitters: Future Perfect = Great homage to Perfect Dark on XBL!

Here's A Review

I picked my copy up today, it looks great.  The Mapmaker looks a lot better than in TimeSplitters 2, and the Xbox Live gameplay looks like a lot of fun.  I recommend this game to everyone in BLS. Yes Yes

• 03-26-2005 5:13 PM In reply to

• delphar7
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • The Tholos Temple, Delphi
    • Posts 561
    • Lieutenant

Angel wrote:
    This game rules and I would suggest everyone to go out and buy it. I have to go to work but when I get back I'll give you guys a decent review of it.

It does rock doesn't it? Think Perfect dark will read more like this game or will it seem a bit more cartoony?

Hmm, But to second Angels opinion, Timesplitters 1 was a favourite, Timesplitters 2 was a classic... Timesplitters: Future Perfect, is damn near it! Perfect. Course I think I may be Biased in my opinion...

Angel: have you stress tested the online play much? How does it hold up?
    I'm a Goldmember!
  • 03-27-2005 7:10 AM In reply to

• MmCark
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-23-2004
    • STL, Missouri
    • Posts 374
    • Private

I have recently been playing it on Xbox Live, and it is pretty good.  It is great to see maps people created, but on the downside the friends list on the game could use some work.  A neat feature allows you to look up the maps your friends (or anyone for that matter) have created, and allows you to download them.  I have already made some maps, and uploaded a few of them.  The MapMaker is excellent.

What do you think of it Angel?
  • 03-27-2005 10:04 PM In reply to

• Angel
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Fall River, Massachusetts
    • Posts 272

I totally forgot I posted this here my bad. Anyways I have been playing this game for over a week and I will toss me review up here right now.

Graphics

The are great, cartoony, but they work very well. It runs at about 30 FPS (sometimes better) and bogs down a little with the rain and explosions and such but 90% of the slowdown takes place offline. The facial animations are great and the character models are top notch, all 150+ of them.

Gameplay

I love it, if you played TimeSplitters 2 you pretty much now what you are in for besides the whole being on Live thing and the fact that this game has an awesome story mode. I always forget when I play the TS games that there is no jump button and it kind of annoys me at first but I got used to it and realized, you don't need it too much. Anyways, it plays great, kinda like Perfect Dark + Halo = TimeSplitters, it's quirky and fun and takes a little to get used to but it's a game with so much to offer you can't really go wrong.

Sound

Don't expect Halo or Ghost Recon 2 quality sound here but it gets the job done. You can't hear everything that is going on, like footsteps and and the such, but the important stuff is there. The music is mostly stuff you have heard before (some of it was actually rehashed from other games and shows, one song they actually borrowed from the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer game, which ironically borrowed it from X-Files the show), but it works very well. The big dissappointment hear is the fact that there is no custom soundtrack, but I guess you can't have everything.

Mulitplayer

Ah, good times, this game has such great multiplayer potential, which is sad since most of it is held back by the publisher EA. The EA servers have serious problem handling Live coding, the second more then 1 or 2 people drop within seconds of each other your Xbox locks up (It's not just mine either I can name 4 other people this happens to also), I haven't been on for a day or so, so this might even be fixed while you read this. Also I have read several reports of maps not being uploaded right from the EA servers and freezing but that's a whole other sack of coal. When you do find a good game it's great fun, rockets flying, monkey's and zombies and zombie monkeys running around blowing the crap outta each other. Once the big stuff gets fixed this game will be great.

Map Maker

This is a great addition to all of Xbox Live, you can make ur own damn mpas, upload them into the EA servers, and download them for free. Now the map maker is very bare bones, the give you and assortment of rooms, objects, items, and even skins, to use to make your own map which is great but there is a big problem with size. I actually was trying to make a remake of the Resident Evil 2 Police station and was only able to fit the first floor and about 2 rooms on the second floor before it completely filled up, also abojects for some reason take up an obscene amount of space and you cannot place them against walls or other objects, just in the center of the room. Still, I love making great maps and sharing them with my freinds so that is a deffinite YesYes.

Overall

This game is fantastic and I encourage every FPS fan to by it.

9.2/10
  • 03-28-2005 5:36 PM In reply to

whats the story line on this game??? i heard its like the movie TimeCop
    "True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love then you catch the early flight home from San Diego, and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blind folded like a god damn magic show and ready to double team your girlfriend and," "It stops right there, and I think what my good friend Mitch is trying to say is, true love is blind."

-Old School
  • 03-29-2005 5:56 AM In reply to

• MmCark
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-23-2004
    • STL, Missouri
    • Posts 374
    • Private

I haven't played much of the single player yet, but I get the impression that you travel through time, (past, present, and future) killing bad guys, or else facing chaos....Angel can give you a better idea.  And I agree with Angel %100, TimeSplitters: Future Perfect is a great FPS.  I too enjoy this game.  Oh, and by the way, now that it is on my mind, I rented Project Snowblind, and I thought that it was terrible.  I am not sure about the single player but the xbox live part of it sucks (just thought I would let everyone know).
  • 03-29-2005 4:14 PM In reply to

so i shouldnt rent it?
    "True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love then you catch the early flight home from San Diego, and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blind folded like a god damn magic show and ready to double team your girlfriend and," "It stops right there, and I think what my good friend Mitch is trying to say is, true love is blind."

-Old School
  • 04-08-2005 12:56 AM In reply to

• MmCark
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-23-2004
    • STL, Missouri
    • Posts 374
    • Private

If you ask me dont rent Project Snowblind No....I think TimeSplitters: Future Perfect is a good game to rent and try out Yes

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)