in

Black Label Suicides

Xbox 360 Price!

Last post 08-20-2005 3:00 PM by WEAPON X. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-17-2005 4:23 PM

Xbox 360 Price!

They have finally announced the price and packed in equipment:

Ending weeks of speculation about which upcoming video game platform will give gamers the most bang for their buck, today at the German Games Convention, Microsoft Corp. revealed that consumers can get their hands on Xbox 360 — the most powerful and feature-packed next-generation video game and entertainment system — for as little as $299.99 U.S./€299.99/£209.99 starting this holiday season. For gamers who want to experience the ultimate digital entertainment thrill ride, Microsoft also announced a model with hundreds of dollars worth of accessories for $399.99 U.S./€399.99/£279.99, giving consumers the definitive entertainment experience at an unbelievable value right out of the box.

The Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 Core System — along with an impressive lineup of high-definition game titles from the world’s best publishers and developers — will make their debut in North America, Europe and Japan in time for this Christmas holiday, several months ahead of the competition. Although details for the Japan launch will be addressed at the Tokyo Game Show in September, the unprecedented three-region launch signifies an industry first. The Xbox 360 platform will deliver the most powerful console, the best games, the next generation of the Xbox Live service, and amazing digital entertainment experiences never seen in console entertainment.

“The sheer entertainment value of Xbox 360 cannot be overstated,” said Robbie Bach, chief Xbox officer for Microsoft. “While the system has the muscle to power awe-inspiring graphics, audio and online play, it’s also got the intelligence to serve as a one-of-a-kind entertainment device that plays CDs, DVDs, MP3s and digital content from an array of devices, including portable music players and digital cameras.”

With its built-in Ethernet port and free Silver level of service right out of the box, Xbox 360 also connects players to Xbox Live, the premier global online console games and entertainment network.

With Xbox Live, gamers can chat with friends online, build and share gamer profiles, send and receive text and voice messages, and access Xbox Live Marketplace for new content such as game demos, trailers and casual games from Xbox Live Arcade. Subscribers to the Gold level of service will also enjoy access to online multiplayer gaming in their favorite games, as well as great promotional programs such as worldwide tournaments, the chance to play online with their favorite celebrities, and opportunities to win big prizes.

For gamers who want the ultimate experience (and the best value) right out of the box, Microsoft will offer the $399.99 U.S./€399.99/£279.99 Xbox 360 console. This premium edition — distinguished by signature metallic detailing on the console itself — comes fully loaded for the ultimate gaming experience, with components and accessories that would cost more than $200 if sold separately:

• Xbox 360 console. Sexy styling that packs a punch — three powerful core processors are poised to pump out 720p/1080i output, 16x9 cinematic aspect ratio, anti-aliasing for smooth textures, full surround sound and DVD playback right out of the box.
    • Xbox 360 Hard Drive (20 GB). 20 GB and detachable, the hard drive allows gamers to store their games, music, downloaded trailers, levels, demos and community-created content from Xbox Live Marketplace.
    • Xbox 360 Wireless Controller. Hassle-free high-performance precision wireless gaming features the Xbox Guide Button for quick access to digital movies, music and games libraries as well as a range and battery life of up to 30 feet and 30 hours of life on two AA batteries.
    • Xbox 360 Faceplate. The removable Faceplate comes in stylish “chill” (white) and can be swapped out with custom Faceplates to reflect gamers’ personalities or decor.
    • Xbox 360 Headset. This lets gamers strategize with teammates or trash-talk opponents while playing games on Xbox Live.
    • Xbox 360 Component HD-AV Cable. This connects gamers to the world of Xbox 360 games and graphics through high-definition and standard-definition connections.
    • Xbox Live Silver membership. With this, gamers can chat with friends online, send and receive voice and text messages, and access new content from Xbox Live Marketplace demos such as trailers and casual games from Xbox Live Arcade.
    • A bonus Media Remote: Included for a limited time, the integrated control center for the entire digital experience lets consumers play DVDs, movies and music, as well as access their Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005-based PC's controls with a single remote.

At $299.99 U.S./€299.99/£209.99, the Xbox 360 Core System comes standard with what consumers need to jump right into next-generation games and media, and is fully expandable to the complete Xbox 360 experience:

• Xbox 360 console. As with the premium edition, three powerful core processors pump out 720p/1080i output, 16x9 cinematic aspect ratio, anti-aliasing for smooth textures, full surround sound and DVD playback right out of the box.
    • Xbox 360 Controller. This wired controller features an extended nine-foot cable and a comfortable, enhanced ergonomic design.
    • Xbox 360 Faceplate. Like no other console before, the Xbox 360 console allows customization and a removable Faceplate that comes in stylish “chill” (white), which can be swapped out with other custom Faceplates to reflect gamers’ personalities or decor.
    • Xbox 360 Standard AV Cable. This connects gamers to the world of Xbox 360, delivering great next-generation graphics and games using standard-definition connections.

The Xbox 360 console also comes ready for customization. With an array of Xbox 360 accessories, gamers can trick out their systems to suit their individual tastes and personalize their experiences. In addition to an ever-growing selection of eye-catching Faceplates ($19.99 U.S./€19.99/£14.99), Xbox 360 Controller (estimated retail price $39.99 U.S./€34.99/£24.99*) and Component HD AV Cable (estimated retail price $39.99 U.S./€29.99/£19.99*), the lineup includes a wealth of accessories that brings next-generation gaming entertainment to its optimum:

Xbox 360 Hard Drive (20 GB). 20 GB and detachable, the hard drive allows gamers to store their games, music, downloaded trailers, levels, demos and community-created content from Xbox Live Marketplace and more (estimated retail price $99.99 U.S./€99.99/£69.99*).

Xbox 360 Memory Unit (64 MB). Easily portable, this lets gamers save games, in-game achievements and unique gamer profiles for quick and easy access on the go (estimated retail price $39.99 U.S./€34.99/£22.99*).

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller. The same hassle-free high-performance precision wireless gaming that comes with the premium edition features the Xbox Guide Button for quick access to digital movies, music and games libraries as well as a range and battery life of up to 30 feet and 30 hours of life on two AA batteries (estimated retail price $49.99 U.S./€44.99/£32.99*).

Xbox 360 Play & Charge Kit. This allows plug and play for high-performance, precision wireless gaming with the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller. Gamers will be given ample warning when the end of battery life is nearing so they can connect the Play & Charge cable for uninterrupted play (estimated retail price $19.99 U.S./€19.99/£14.99*).

Xbox 360 rechargeable battery pack. This provides up to 25 hours of gameplay for wireless gaming fun (estimated retail price $11.99 U.S./€14.99/£9.99*).

Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter. With this, gamers can chat with friends and play games via Xbox Live, as well as stream videos and music to Xbox 360 from a Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005-based PC, all without the clutter of wires (estimated retail price $99.99 U.S./€79.99 /£59.99*).

Xbox 360 Headset. This heightens the Xbox Live experience by letting gamers strategize with teammates or trash-talk opponents while playing games (estimated retail price $19.99 U.S./€19.99/£14.99*).

Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote. Sold as an accessory, this integrated control center for the entire digital experience lets consumers play DVDs, movies and music, as well as control a TV and their Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005-based PC controls with a single controller (estimated retail price $29.99 U.S./€29.99/£19.99*).

Xbox 360 S-Video AV Cable (U.S. only) Xbox 360 SCART AV Cable (Europe only). This versatile cable works for both high-definition and standard-definition TVs that use S-Video or composite video inputs. It provides optimal audio and video signal transfer (estimated retail price $29.99 U.S./€24.99/£17.99*).

Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable. Gamers can experience high-definition gaming on flat-panel TV or VGA monitors. This cable provides optimal audio and video signal transfer (estimated retail price $39.99 U.S./€29.99/£19.99*).

“With both the Xbox 360 and the Xbox 360 Core System, we’re offering consumers real choice and real value,” said Peter Moore, corporate vice president of worldwide marketing and publishing for the Home Entertainment Division at Microsoft. “We’re bringing true next-generation experiences into gamers’ living rooms this Christmas holiday.”

• 08-17-2005 5:26 PM In reply to

Re: Xbox 360 Price!

I better start saving... 

"Sorry Honey, We can't get a new kitchen floor, the new Xbox is coming out"

• 08-17-2005 6:48 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Usually spotted going to and from Tokyo Bay...
    • Posts 712

Didn't I call it? $400, because we all know that that's the only one worth getting, simply because of the accessories.
    "Caw, caw, *BANG* FUCK I'M DEAD!" - Top Dollar, The Crow

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

God created whiskey to stop the Irish from taking over the word.
  • 08-17-2005 8:20 PM In reply to

• BLS BOB
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-27-2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 820

Hmmmm....I think I'm going to get the $300 one just because I'm on a tight budget of both saving up for my dream computer and for the 3 games I've got on reserve already.

Get your own Gamercard Sig.
    ITS NOT THAT IM GETTING OLD, YOUR MUSIC REALLY SUCKS
  • 08-17-2005 10:03 PM In reply to

ima get everything...............lol im not calculating
    Time is an Illusion, and so is Death.......
  • 08-18-2005 12:22 AM In reply to

• BLS BOB
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-27-2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 820

Coffee [C] Re: Xbox 360 Price!

Second thought I'm getting the $400 one. Those bastards cheapened out on us as far as the $300 one goes. The package that goes for $300 comes with no hard drive, no wireless controller, no media center remote, and no friggin headset. All in all I feel that all of those seperate products probably would retail for more than $100!!!!! So I'm going to save myself the goddamn trouble and buy that $400 hore.

Get your own Gamercard Sig.
    ITS NOT THAT IM GETTING OLD, YOUR MUSIC REALLY SUCKS
  • 08-19-2005 7:18 AM In reply to

• BCBudd
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Canada
    • Posts 63
    • Canadian
      Colonel

23 people are gonna get their Xbox 360 before me. Just dropped $200 down on the full meal deal package today at EB. Got 3 months to come up with the rest. Wonder what should I'm gonna tell the little wifey?

Btw, how have you all been?
  • 08-19-2005 8:35 AM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Posts 712

"Sorry honey, I know you really wanted that 4 ct diamond ring/pendant combo, but...it IS the new XBOX after all. I'm sure you understa---uh, honey? Honey? Where are you going? What do you mean your mother's? I thought she lived in Toronto. What do you mean you're taking the car? How am I supposed to get--hey, WAIT!!

...Oh well, at least I'll be getting the XBOX 360...hmm, better call them up and get it ready to ship here instead of picking it up at the store. Wonder if they'll deliver the games too..."

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

• 08-19-2005 8:39 AM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Posts 712

BC!! What the hell've you been up to dude? Did you get into the CoV Beta? If not, you know you could if you preordered CoV NOW? If you got the invite, but aren't interested, can I have it? lol

Seriously though, playing CoH again, stopped playing WoW and will do so shortly for FFXI, playing the lockdown demo whenever I can finagle people actually JOINING MY GODDAMNED SERVER, and still owning people in Jedi Academy. That's game-wise. Real life-wise, got a GF of almost 5 months now, making decent money at Radioshack (of all places), and occasionally going out to play pool/poker for money.

How about you?

• 08-19-2005 11:04 PM In reply to

• BCBudd
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Canada
    • Posts 63
    • Canadian
      Colonel

Workin mostly, xbox died while I was lost in WoW, got to 60 and bailed. I was playin CoH but I can only take a month of it at a time. I don't know if the pre-order deal works for me for CoV, cause I'm in Canada. Besides, it got pushed back to Nov. and I got other plans for Nov.Big Smile

with the 360 titles and Oblivion for an rpg, I don't think I'm gonna have teh time or $$ for CoV, but damn I do wanna check it out sometime.

I've got the Lockdown demo so if I see you on ill try and hook up wit ya. I love that game, nice accurate bullet hit detection. I shoot people in the head and they die, what a concept!!

• 08-20-2005 3:00 PM In reply to

Good to hear from ya BC, long time no playCrying

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)