in

Black Label Suicides

Gears of War

Last post 01-11-2007 4:10 PM by ScubaSteve12318. 28 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-15-2005 8:20 PM

Gears of War

Best looking Xbox 360 game?

• 05-15-2005 8:23 PM In reply to

Re: Gears of War

Damn, didn't work!
    For pictures click HERE

• 05-17-2005 10:51 PM In reply to

• delphar7
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • The Tholos Temple, Delphi
    • Posts 561
    • Lieutenant

Yeah Those renderings look nice.

Gimme full motion 16 man online play screen shots.. ;P

Looks kinda like a Doom3 Style game, which I adore... Man, Sci-Fi Demons? heck yeah...

But I do like the look of Project Gotham Racing. I do love the flow of the gameplay, hope they stick to formula.
    I'm a Goldmember!
  • 05-17-2005 10:56 PM In reply to

• delphar7
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Posts 561
    • Lieutenant

And Well Killzone seems to kick some ass... Although a totally different system... Let alone next generation... *sigh* just a little excited.

Ok so there's a stink over the Killzone video. People believe it was prerendered, Sony claims real-time... First article on page.

I'm a Goldmember!
  • 05-18-2005 1:05 PM In reply to

Del, those pics for Gears of War are tight. It runs off the latest Unreal 3 engine (wicked shit)!

Killzone 2 for the PS3 is just the bombYes

• 05-18-2005 7:36 PM In reply to

gears of war looks tight. the new unreal engine looks sick on xbox 360. i saw some unreal engine stuff on the new ps3 and i have to say it looks a little betterWink. xbox needs to step it up a little. killzone looks cool also.i just hope that the movie they showed on killzone is in game shit and not pre rendered stuff. the only problem is the hardware in the ps3 is a lot, i heard the new ps3 will be around $450. 

• 05-18-2005 11:24 PM In reply to

• delphar7
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Posts 561
    • Lieutenant

After playing Killzone 1, that movie looks like gameplay with a HUD turn off... Hmmm ya think they'd let us have that experience finally? Where points don't farking matter, it's live or die... end of game. ! But back to the movie, it certainly looks like killzone plays, so I don't doubt it's in game. I also figure the guy who plays the demos at these things has played the level a thousand times to get it perfect everytime...

Weapon I see it's Unreal rendered, but it still isn't in motion, on screen, interacting with an environment and lighting etc... So I still think it looks awfully hi-res for a "in game" style rendering, kinda like a concept art board. I don't know how these things work though, so I hope fer sure the console can render it like that! It's frEEKing wikkid! (but I do so doutbt it.)

del
    I'm a Goldmember!
  • 05-19-2005 1:18 AM In reply to

Del,
       Here is yer render in motion Gears of War Trailer

• 05-20-2005 11:07 AM In reply to

• delphar7
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Posts 561
    • Lieutenant

Nice nice... still I must say I am skeptical, looks freekin awsome though, htat is one fine looking gamme. I do like the idea of the intro... " Humans, built to destroy... we destroy. Everything."
    I'm a Goldmember!
  • 09-15-2005 8:10 AM In reply to

Gears Of War Hands On At 1UP
    09.14.2005 12:30 | ZeroTolerance | Xbox 360
    Xbox360News.com | Read & Add Comments (38) | Link to this article

The folks over at 1UP.com recently got a hands-on with Cliffy B's latest game Gears of War for the XBox 360.  Finally running on the final dev kit Cliffy insists that this version is only using one of the 360's three cores.  The game still looks amazing at only this early stage and is expected to ship sometime in Spring 2006.

Answering those critics, just before this year's Tokyo Game Show, Microsoft and Epic invited us to check out the game -- running on the newly unleashed final Xbox 360 development kits. And it looks better than it did at E3. Not drastically better (or even drastically different, given that the level they showed was one of the levels that was shown at E3), but for those worried about the company not being able to produce the same level of quality in the visuals, this undeniably shows that the game will look that good (or better, if Epic is to be believed).

In the demo we checked out, the characters and environments looked just like they did at E3, but other minor details were improved, such as the nice dramatic motion blur effect when you turn quickly and the polished look of the line that shows up when you aim to throw a grenade (which now looks futuristic). The framerate appears to be improved on the E3 version as well, and though it's still not 100% perfect in all areas -- the game doesn't come out until 2006, after all -- it's clearly well within reach and we don't see the occasional hiccups showing up in the final version at all.

According to Epic's Cliff Bleszinski, the game as it is running right now is only using one of the Xbox 360's three cores, and has been up and running on the final development kits for only about two weeks. The game had been running on Beta development kits for only a few weeks before that, so it's clear that the team at Epic is only getting started in terms of finding out how much power they can get out of the system.

Epic Vice President Mark Rein states he believes Gears of War has the potential to become a bigger franchise than Unreal for Epic, given its focus on storytelling and a strong single-player experience, and based on what we've seen of the game so far, we're inclined to believe him. Microsoft will be releasing new screenshots of the game when the Tokyo Game Show opens on Friday in Japan (U.S. time: 6:00 Thursday night), so check back soon for those and look out for more news on the game from Microsoft's X05 event early next month.

Source: 1UP.com

• 09-15-2005 7:41 PM In reply to

• BLS BOB
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-27-2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 820
    • Sergeant

Thats UNREAL. lol

Get your own Gamercard Sig.
    ITS NOT THAT IM GETTING OLD, YOUR MUSIC REALLY SUCKS
  • 09-20-2005 8:42 PM In reply to

• BLS BOB
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-27-2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 820
    • Sergeant

Heres some new screens you jews. http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/gearsofwar/screens.html?page=10

• 09-21-2005 3:33 AM In reply to

man this game looks so awsome i can't explain it in words...except for awsome!

A man without pants is a free man.
  • 09-21-2005 10:08 AM In reply to

I absolutely can't wait til this game comes out. Sucks it doesnt come out til feburary.Sad [:(] I want this, Battlefield 2, and Ghost Recon 3

Do I smell the revolting stench of self-esteem?
  • 09-21-2005 12:45 PM In reply to

• BLS BOB
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-27-2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 820
    • Sergeant

Hate to burst your love bubble Dominus, but its scheduled to come out april...Or later!

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >