in

Black Label Suicides

Warhammer in the 4tst Century!!!!!!!!

Last post 10-30-2005 8:42 PM by Dominus Doloris. 37 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-22-2005 6:32 PM In reply to

Re: Warhammer in the 4tst Century!!!!!!!!

Sweet, what was the Codex? And a warning to you: The Main Rule Book IS a text book with a crapload of rules to learn. Take your time and don't try and read the whole thing at once. Study it little by little, but you don't have to memorize it all, you can use it during a match as well.

Do I smell the revolting stench of self-esteem?
  • 10-22-2005 7:35 PM In reply to

i read the imperial gaurd and the terinid one i believe not 100% shure so dont quote me on it
    A man without pants is a free man.
  • 10-22-2005 7:56 PM In reply to

yea dude the Tyranids look badass, but I've never played against nor with them.

• 10-22-2005 9:19 PM In reply to

i think my friend chose them cause they look kinda like zerg and thats who he liked on starcraft lol but they are pretty cool
  • 10-22-2005 11:08 PM In reply to

Yea, I think it would be cool to play them, but all the models have so much to choose from and, looks very detailed
  • 10-22-2005 11:32 PM In reply to

I FUCKING HATE NIDS! aww man they got fleetafoot then like some other bullshit rules o man there a bitch! lol i never lost against em but we had a game me and my bro Blood angels and IG's VS orks and Nids o man my bro got tourn to peices! i had to kill the orks with tycho and then run over and kill the nids! lol. But yea i got no promblem with the Templars, domo i didnt read the last long ass paragraph cuz im tired but im sure you said somthing stupid j/k lol but yea if the templars get a cool codex then there awsome till nbow there ok. Hey man a spacemarine is a spacemarine still fight along side each other. Im playing BHD right now so im cuttin it short.

Time is an Illusion, and so is Death.......
  • 10-22-2005 11:46 PM In reply to

Yea man, it just friendly rivalry between force, BA are cool, but I wont see them the way you do and you wont ever see the Templars like I do, I still would like to do the BA/SW mix chapter, that would be cool

• 10-23-2005 12:36 AM In reply to

ok i got ALOT of questions so try to help me out i was looking online t gamesworkshop and i saw all the different guys and i was wandering if you buy say a terminator or any other unit can you use it with templars? 2.do i have to put all the shit together or can i pay sum pro guys to do it cause i suck at painting so mine turned out like shit(i used spraypaint for the blac lol) and ill have more questions as they come up
  • 10-23-2005 1:25 AM In reply to

yes you can buy terms and say there space wolf terms and dude paint ur own shit lol its kool that way, o and most metal models you dont gotta put together just glue like the base, also the plastic ones are better but you put everything together.
  • 10-23-2005 1:36 AM In reply to

Yea right now i use the old termies with my templars, but the new codex might have some restrictions. All models are unassembled and unpainted, but I would just do that yourself anyway, because hiring someone to do it will cost alot, and you could use that money better, like buying games and more troops.I use spray paint as well, and my models aren't that good i dont think, just keep paint and building and it will naturally get better. The metal models are more detailed than the plastic ones and are more complete, for them all you have to do is glue on an arm or something and it's finished. You can also try converting models when you get better with building, it fun cause then oyu have a character that is all your own. I have tried that, but it didn't really work, and I will try again soon. I find it ejoyable to build and paint, ask B0bby, Ive sat and ainted before will me and him were just waitng for ppl to join our rooms, I've got most of my army painted, all my vehicles and only a few troops that are unpainted. When I get a camera I will show you what mine look like.

Ok I also have a question about painting, wht is varnished used for and when is it used? I know i'm supposed to use it painting, but I don;t know when and what for.

• 10-23-2005 2:12 AM In reply to

yea my army need rebuilding and shit limbs missing and reconstructing house the past year has jumbled me up quite a bit. But my guys would look kooler. I converted a couple models cant think of them of the top of my head but my general i made he had a mane thing on his helm, gold and black he had red cape a sword with red jewls and he had medals and cords and shit it was kool and badass but the stuff i used for the mane thing too look like some ancient roman/greek fucked up and now it looks fucked up! o well, varnish, i belive the only thing i have varnished was my deathcompany way back. Varnish is for your models who are done and painted the way you like them, you spray the CLEAR varnish and it creats a protective layer over the model preventing it to break easily and it makes it all smoot and nice lol. its kool do it when your sure you have completed a models paint job.
  • 10-23-2005 12:42 PM In reply to

Sweet thanks man. I'll need to get some of that stuff then. Does GW sell it? Hey and if you ever get ahold of a camera, post some pics of ur army, and some converted dudes alone. I willl when I get the chance.
  • 10-24-2005 8:50 PM In reply to

Has anyone here played any necrons? the look pretty sweet, but are they tougto build and paint? I want to do a diorama of a few necrons and a IGmen
  • 10-26-2005 9:16 PM In reply to

B00bbies, please read the whole thing, not just the first line, I must apologized for one of my earlier post about the Black Templar Squads. In the Black Templar Designer Notes, posted in Black Globbo 51, i believe:

Crusader Squads are comprised of Initiates and Neophytes, and they mark one of the biggest differences between the Black Templars and Codex Chapters. For one thing, Crusader Squads are much bigger, as Graham explains, “In most Codexes, you get a Scout Squad that's a separate Troop entry, but Black Templars don't get that. Their Neophytes, as they call their Scouts, are integrated into Crusader Squads.” These Squads can number up to 20 strong with one Neophyte allowed per Initiate. “It's a mentor and pupil relationship,” says Graham. “Each Neophyte is taken on by an Initiate who deems him worthy of learning from him. He takes him out to battle and teaches by example. Basically, the Neophyte either learns or dies.” All of which harkens back to the historical image of the knight and his squire.

If an Initiate is brave enough and skilled enough, it's possible he will leave behind the mantle of tutor and become one of the Sword Brethren. They are a heretofore unseen Black Templars unit made of the veterans of the Chapter. “These are the Space Marines that have, through feats of arms and courage, displayed that they are the hardest fighters, the greatest warriors,” Graham explains. “Once chosen, they are inducted into the Marshal's household and become part of his personal honor guard.”

Though they are named Sword Brethren, the veterans can be armed with bolters or close-combat weapons. “We wanted to stress the fact that the Black Templars are not just a close-combat army,” says Graham. “But they don't fight according to organized strictures like Ultramarines do.”

This fighting style is particularly true of Sword Brethren, whose warrior bond is greater than the other Space Marines in the Chapter. “They arm themselves, gather themselves together and fight together out of familiarity.” This sense of kinship and brotherhood gives these Black Templars even more zeal on the battlefield.

I am sorry for yelling at you, this is a significant alteration to the Black Templars that I know and love. If a change like this is possible, I am extremely excited, and anxious about all that the codex will hold.

This also surprises me, but makes sense:

The Land Raider Crusader plays a more dominant role with the Black Templars than other Space Marine armies, mainly because they serve as the only transport options for some Black Templar squad types. For example, Terminators in a normal Space Marine army can take a standard Land Raider or Crusader as a transport. For Black Templars, the regular Land Raiders Crusader is their only transport choice. That makes regular Land Raiders available only as Heavy Support choices, but that shouldn't hurt the Black Templars. “Because Black Templars don't use Devastator squads or Whirlwinds, there's not nearly as much competition for that [Heavy Support] slot," Graham explains. "The Whirlwind in particular didn't 'feel' right. One of the Black Templars' honor oaths is to fight face-to-face with your enemy – shelling them from behind a hill didn't seem very glorious.”

Now that my Devastor Squad is useless, I must now spend $120 on two more LRCs and that means FUCK. I aint made o' money, and what i got is going for a command and crusader squad, and Battlefield 2

• 10-26-2005 9:27 PM In reply to

I am gonna say this though. Anyone who states that the Templars are generic (Bob) I will kill or team- kill as much as i could. Having read the designers notes, I see that there was a great amount of thought and preparation that went in to further devaite the Templars from the Ultra-Fags. Their Two Special Characters are like Uber commader and Uber Chaplin with some sweet ass rules that on the 10 through the 17 I will post all of them.
Page 2 of 3 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >