in

Black Label Suicides

On a lighter note...

Last post 11-19-2004 12:20 AM by BCBudd. 50 replies.
Page 3 of 4 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-25-2004 7:10 PM In reply to

Re: On a lighter note...

Not that it matters what i say but why does bush always get all the blame for Iraq. He was not the person doing all the intel. gathering. He was told by several inteligence agencies that Iraq had WMDs, then he acted on it. If i was in his shoes i prob. would have done the same thing.

oh and del the whole U.S. against the world We could kick the worlds ass in like 5 or 6 button press (P.S. i was kidding nobody start an arguement over that)
  • 10-25-2004 8:01 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Usually spotted going to and from Tokyo Bay...
    • Posts 712

Bob, I'm not blaming Bush himself for the Iraq situation, I'm blaming his administration in general. The president is only as effetive as the people he hires to support him. Most of GW's staff is the same group that helped his father screw up so royally. Yes, the intel was downright awful, but they should have spent the extra time double-checking said intel, on top of the fact that they refused to listen to the opinion of the rest of the world in that respect. I don't know how many times I haven't been able to find something, but someone else can find it after 2 seconds...a second set of eyes, or in this case, a second opinion can bring things you'd have normally missed to light.

Dave, do you realize you just "flip-flopped" on yourself? You said that there are so many things that Bush has done right, and you're trying to convince us of this, but you just said that you'll "be the first person to admit Bush is a pretty big fuck up." That's not exactly a good way to win an argument...
    "Caw, caw, *BANG* FUCK I'M DEAD!" - Top Dollar, The Crow

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

God created whiskey to stop the Irish from taking over the word.
  • 10-25-2004 11:18 PM In reply to

• delphar7
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • The Tholos Temple, Delphi
    • Posts 561
    • Canadian
      Lieutenant

General Bob wrote:
    oh and del the whole U.S. against the world We could kick the worlds ass in like 5 or 6 button press (P.S. i was kidding nobody start an arguement over that)

Lol, no worries Bob, I know US can do that, It's a shame they don't act appropriately. Now that being said I'll wait for Conner to go on about something I (never) said...

*sigh*
    I'm a Goldmember!
  • 10-25-2004 11:36 PM In reply to

• deletionary
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2004
    • Marine Barracks, Washington D.C.
    • Posts 48

yeah i'll be voting for bush in this election.. but here is what swayed me to that side: during one of the debates (the second one that bush and kerry had i believe) john kerry looked at the camera and said "If elected President, I will NOT raise taxes on the American people."

and that sounded great. he even went on to say later in the debate that "If elected President, I will not cut spending on government funded programs."

and that also sounded great. but the part where he lost me is when he mentioned that he had a 2.2 trillion dollar spending plan for his presidency.

now..... if you aren't going to raise taxes... and you aren't going to cut government funding on existing programs... how are you supposed to raise 2.2 trillion dollars? i mean, even if you tax the highest class, that only raises 600-800 billion dollars, leaving 1.4-1.6 trillion to be raised somehow....

so.... the only way to raise that kind of money is one of three ways as i see it:

1.) Raise taxes
    2.) Cut government funding to existing programs
    3.) Sell all the drugs in police evidence lock-ups back to the streets and foreign countries.

Yeah.... and don't bash.. it's not like i make appearances here often.  Just figured i'd stop by and drop a line.

i dunno why i do it. i think it's the fact that i am the one who ends someone else's life that excites me. kinda like playing god without any responsibility.
  • 10-26-2004 4:02 AM In reply to

• Angel
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Fall River, Massachusetts
    • Posts 272

Does anyone else think it's sad that instead of talking about games we are talking about the election.

The election is the last thing we should be discussing on these forums don't ya think?
  • 10-26-2004 1:10 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Posts 712

Changing the subject now that he's losing the argument...classic.

Well, considering it's an important topic, not necessarily for the clan immediately, but potentially in the long run, I think it's perfectly all right. Besides,. it's not like there are any games to talk about.

Everyone's waiting for the next big release. Some are waiting on Halo 2, while others (albeit a few, if it's really not just me) are waiting for Half-life 2. Call of Duty looks cool, but isn't out, and no new info has been released.

Besides, a lot of people have no way of saying what's on their mind normally, without the fear of pissing someone off in real life. I'd be very surprised if you ever called someone the names that you've called Del in this postwhile trying to convince them that Bush is better, in real life. You'd get punched, slapped, straight up ignored, or something along those lines. I have no way to have a discussion like this, because all the people I work with are Democrat, and have no reason to argue. Can't exactly do it with customers...not very proffessional.

So, as long as people keep posting opinions, I'll keep posting replies. Until somebody important or I actually respect tells me to drop it, at least.

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

• 10-26-2004 3:32 PM In reply to

if you cant keep on the topic of politics and find yourself bashing someone for whatever reason dont post. im tired of bullshit it just started to get better and now were back to it all over again STOP or dont post.

• 10-26-2004 5:26 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Posts 712

While I agree, you'll notice that it was not me who started the bashing, but Angel who had to bash Kerry in his arguments, then proceeded to start bashing those who disagreed with his views. Outside of the one or two retaliations in response of this, my posts have been on topic.

• 10-26-2004 6:52 PM In reply to

I would like to welcome this thread to the Drama Forum....

• 10-27-2004 1:18 AM In reply to

• delphar7
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Posts 561
    • Canadian
      Lieutenant

Carsinigin wrote:
    I would like to welcome this thread to the Drama Forum....<br /> <br /> <br />

WHO Called it! YEAH! >>- 10-20-2004, 11:05 PM delphar7 -<<

Wink
    I'm a Goldmember!
  • 10-27-2004 3:24 AM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Posts 712

Lol, that you did Del, but oh well, what did we all expect with politics. Next thing we know, someone...[8-)]...may just start up a gigantic discussion about religion to go right along with this one!!

SO!! Who here likes "God"? LOL!! j/k

• 10-27-2004 10:34 AM In reply to

• deletionary
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2004
    • Posts 48

wow, i didn't know that 20-something-year-olds would take politics so gung-ho. but anyway, since this is on the drama board now... uhhh... damn.  (is that drama enough?) so, yeah delphar i'm getting espn hockey today, and i'll play you a few times or whatnot.
    i dunno why i do it. i think it's the fact that i am the one who ends someone else's life that excites me. kinda like playing god without any responsibility.
  • 10-27-2004 5:26 PM In reply to

Check out this spoof site on Bush's Campain site

Spoof Site
    Real Site

• 10-28-2004 2:33 AM In reply to

• delphar7
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2004
    • Posts 561
    • Canadian
      Lieutenant

deletionary wrote:
    wow, i didn't know that 20-something-year-olds would take politics so gung-ho. but anyway, since this is on the drama board now... uhhh... damn.&nbsp; (is that drama enough?) so, yeah delphar i'm getting espn hockey today, and i'll play you a few times or whatnot.

Yeah mate, make sure you add Delphar7 to whichever 'Tag your using these days... then you can brag to yuor friends you beat a Canadian at hockey! LOL!

del
    I'm a Goldmember!
  • 10-29-2004 12:56 AM In reply to

• deletionary
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2004
    • Posts 48

sure thing old buddy old pal.  rand0m assault is the only tag i have for now.  i'll add you and we'll play some hockey eh?

oh god... that "eh?" just rolled right off my fingertips like it was natural.... oh damn... what am i turning into?

don't play hockey people... it changes you.....*

*reference to the polar ice gum..... and if you don't know what i'm talking aboot.... then... yah.
Page 3 of 4 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >