in

Black Label Suicides

WoW

Last post 04-27-2006 11:19 PM by DarkPredator202. 148 replies.
Page 3 of 10 (149 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-25-2005 5:11 AM In reply to

Re: WoW

Rig? i dont know what that means but yea my 42 warrior is a dwarf, my 13 pali is a human, my 9 hunter is a troll, and my 21 rouge is a human, o and i started playin with fro and them, im a lvl 9 or 8 human. Pred go to Guilnease!
    Time is an Illusion, and so is Death.......
  • 09-25-2005 7:07 AM In reply to

• BLS BOB
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-27-2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 820
    • Sergeant

It means your computer, bud.

Get your own Gamercard Sig.
    ITS NOT THAT IM GETTING OLD, YOUR MUSIC REALLY SUCKS
  • 09-26-2005 4:10 AM In reply to

ok im going to pick up wow soon and first i need some info plz. 1. i need to know how mutch ram i need and how to look at how mutch i have. .2 i need to know how many GB's or MB you need to install it. so if you could tell me these things it would help so i can know if i need to buy my own comp. if i dont need a new comp ill be on buy next weekend if i do ill be on in around 2 weeks.
    A man without pants is a free man.
  • 09-26-2005 2:56 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Usually spotted going to and from Tokyo Bay...
    • Posts 712

To get the game to run smoothly:

Video card of NVidia GeForce 5200 or higher (I'm about to put a 6600GT in my comp) 128MB should be fine.
    1 GB RAM (you can live with 512MB, but your framerates will be in the realm of 10-22 = shitty)
    Decent processor no more than 2.5 years old (beginning of next year, I'll be upgrading to an Athlon 64 3500)
    3.3 GB of hard drive space.

You can run on a lower-end video card, but the game will be practically unplayable. The RAM is a HUGE help in the smoothness area.

"Caw, caw, *BANG* FUCK I'M DEAD!" - Top Dollar, The Crow

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

God created whiskey to stop the Irish from taking over the word.
  • 09-26-2005 3:14 PM In reply to

yea i need a graphics card, or so im told lol. I dont see a problem with it but when i look at my bro's cp with a graphics card OOOOOOOOIE damn its peeerty. lol
  • 09-26-2005 3:50 PM In reply to

Big Smile [:D] Re: WoW

damn...sounds like ema buy me a new comp
  • 09-26-2005 8:17 PM In reply to

dude its fine just if you want smooth ass graphs you wont know a diffrence till you play on a graphic one but u will play on your reg cp and forget about it
  • 09-26-2005 9:00 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Posts 712

If you have slightly lower specs than the ones I listed above, you can get a better framerate by tweaking your graphics options and running in windowed mode. When you get the game, and if you want the details, just get in touch with me and I'll walk you through it all. Before I stopped playing, I was running windowed and medium settings, and getting 30-40 FPS (which is pretty respectable).

"Physics is like sex: It may yield practical results, but that's not why we do it." - XKCD

• 09-27-2005 2:20 AM In reply to

lol i could do all that or get a new compBig Smile [:D] should i get a laptop or a regular comp?
  • 09-27-2005 2:24 AM In reply to

plus i talked to my bro he said theres no way i could run that game online with either of our comps so im gonna have my dad send me $1000 so i can get a good comp from best buy. maybe even by next week we shall see....
  • 09-27-2005 3:16 AM In reply to

rich bastard, nah dude lol make your own if you got that kind of money, if you want one cheap and not bad get a Emachine i got like 3 of them in the house. I play WOW on it too even though everyone hates on the Emachine.

• 09-27-2005 3:30 AM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Posts 712

Dude...if you're going to get $1000 for a computer...you could get one built for you from an online store, for less money, and with more features than you'll find at Best Buy...check this site out for good prices and places to build you a machine. I used it to get mine built over a year-and-a-half ago, and got a computer that would retail for $1200 (at the time), but only paid $675 with shipping, all put together and everything...

You could build a machine that'll be good for the next couple years for a grand...and get better components than anything you'll find in a retail store...

If you don't mind putting the pieces together yourself, or know someone that could do so for you, you could save even more money by going through Newegg and ordering the components seperately.

And E-Machines are a LOT better now than they were 4+ years ago. Still, I wouldn't get an e-Machine for gaming, but if you want cheap and simple, that's an option, but still, check out the two links I threw up here. Custom machines will ALWAYS be better in the long term, if not only because they're the most easily upgradable PCs, as opposed to soldered/riveted name-brand machines.

• 09-27-2005 11:59 AM In reply to

• J Buddah
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-10-2004
    • Brunswick, OH
    • Posts 308
    • Private

how much does wow cost a month??

Leader of BLSFH

The MiGhTy FrOsT-izzle
  • 09-27-2005 1:35 PM In reply to

• BLS BOB
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-27-2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 820
    • Sergeant

If your looking to build a computer go to newegg.com. If you want the same hardware quicker for more you could go with COMPUSA or Best Buy. WoW is a system hog so you want 1 gig of ram for stabilization and the graphics card that Goj has for smart shader III, good temperature, etc. I doubt your going to get 1 gig of ram with a $999.99 comp for retail though.

Get your own Gamercard Sig.
    ITS NOT THAT IM GETTING OLD, YOUR MUSIC REALLY SUCKS
  • 09-27-2005 2:32 PM In reply to

• Gojira
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-16-2004
    • Posts 712

WoW's $14.95/month. You don't have to pay any extra fees or anything though, (FFXI charged $1 per extra character), and you're allowed 8(?) characters per server. On PvP servers, you can only choose one faction (Horde: orcs, undead, trolls, tauren (minotaurs) or Alliance: human, dwarf, gnome, or night elf) unless you delete all of your characters to re-roll the other faction. PvE servers allow you to have characters of each faction on the same server, but disables open-world pvp combat. RP servers are for the roleplayers ("For sooth, I shall smiteth thee, foul orc." and all that) but operate similar to PvE in regards to pvp. And they have recently introduced RP-PVP servers, which require the roleplaying, but also have open pvp.

Or you could just go here and look at the info yourself.

Any questions about any of it, and feel free to e-mail/pm me.

Page 3 of 10 (149 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »